push notification without sound on iOS9

I have a problem that when a lot of apps running in the background sometimes when the app receive push notification (local or remote) sometimes the notification arives without sound.

tested on iOS 9 GM

also hapenns on Whatsapp and Viber

scenario: open and background many apps then receive push notification.

about 1/3 receive without sound in this scenario

Replies

I am having the same problem on my iphone 5s, ios9..first message on whatsapp has no ring.. please fix this bug . thanks

I've tried everything. Reinstalling iOS 9. Deleting and reinstalling the apps. Checked my volume and vibrate settings. Everything you can think of ice tried and nothing works. I depend on these apps to work and notify me when I get messages right as I get them and with this not happening I have to get a new phone. I can't continue to use a product that doesn't do the most basic thing a phone is supposed to do, which is ring/vibrate. Sorry Apple, but you've lost a very loyal customer but I just can't have this anymore.

Hi please check whatsapp profile notification. increase volume using the vol button although no icon displayed at screen. Mine back to normal once I increase the volume. Its like whatsapp has its own dedicated volume control.

Same problem since the new software 9.0 came out. No sounds and my ringtones didn't transfer after my backup and syncing!! Not happy!

Having same problem with iPhone 6 Plus....no audible notifications for incomeing phone calls or messages. I have to pick it up, unlock and look to see if I got any phone calls, Messenger messages, texts or emails. When I go into Settings/notificaitons to set up and press whatever sound/tone I've chosen, I hear it then. And the timer works. But no sound for incoming calls or messages.

Same problem with iOs 9 on iPhone 5S. No sounds with first notifications on viber, whats up, messenger, mail and so on. Please fix it ASAP!!!

The only way to make sure Apple sees this problem is to file a bug report in case you haven't already.

https://bugreport.apple.com

I also have same exact problem since iOS 9 update no incoming sound for whatsapp call and message let me know if some found a solution yet ....

Same problem with whatsapp & Viber. Please fix asap

The sounds are sporadic on mine whether my phone is locked or unlocked. Sometimes it sounds, sometimes it doesn't. Plus, the settings for various apps allow you to choose that you should get an alert whilst using the app. I set these to on in my case and it still doesn't work.

Nice idea Chris but only registered developers can file bug reports.

And I've been sent a brand new iPhone 6 from Apple as they claim the phone was faulty. Clearly not as so many are having the same issues. Plus, I still have the same issue with the new phone - and even after the software patch (which actually didn't include any reference to this issue). Everyone with this issue needs to speak to Apple so they can register that it is a fault with the software. When I spoke to call centre (three times) they claimed not to be aware of these problems. We ALL need to make them aware.

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes my push notifications for Whatsapp make noise, sometimes they don't. Apple, please fix this!

i am having the same problem. My tones will work and then wont work. It's annoying all after the iOS update.

Same for me, Ipgone 5s. I have the problem with IOS 9 and still with IOS 9.0.1

Mostly Whatsapp, but some other apps as well.