Unable to use CoreMotion Gyroscope in WatchOS 2 - Currently Possible? Pending? Axed?

For a new CMMotionManager, I cannot get startDeviceMotionUpdatesToQueue or startGyroUpdatesToQueue to work. As I have seen elsewhere in the forums, isGyroAvailable fails, and the only check I can currently pass is isAccelerometerAvailable. I have, albeit not with 100% success, been able to read accelerometer data with startAccelerometerUpdatesToQueue.

Has anyone had success here, or does anyone have better information on CoreMotion in WatchOS2? Has anyone had success with CMSensorRecorder and gyroscope data?

Other Useful information:

-I can get perfect CoreMotion gyroscope access with a regular watch kit extension run on an watchOS2 device (using startDeviceMotionUpdatesToQueue). Clearly all the sensors are in place and are capable.

-In the documentation for prerelease watchOS, the full CoreMotion framework appears still to be available: https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/watchos/documentation/CoreMotion/Reference/CMMotionManager_Class/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/CMMotionManager/startDeviceMotionUpdatesToQueue:withHandler:

Replies

I am also facing this issue.