Invalid Binary when submit to itunesConnect

Hi everyone.

Is there a way to find out whats the problem when i get "Invalid Binary" when submitted my app to iTunesConnect.

Please help as to find out what's the error is about.

I dont even get any email back from iTunesConnect regards the cause of the problem

Replies

Which version Xcode did you build & submit with?

The latest 6.4

I receied a reply from Apple as shown below

======== Reply from Apple ==============

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Kids Mansion Childcare App". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Signature - The binary with bundle identifier 'com.funtasticservices.kidsmansion' at path [kids_medication.app] contains an invalid signature. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

======= End =================

What does the above mean?

I am using the Distribution Certificate. How can i check if the app that i submitted is using the Distribution Certificate?

Is there a tool to check on it?

please advise

thanks

chris

I have been recieving the same error for 4 days. I have created new certificate, new distribution profile, tried using wildcard app ID. Everything get rejected no matter what I do.

What OS are you running?

Is it possible that you have a secondary Target in your project (Apple Watch, Today Widget, etc) that is using an invalid Certificate, even though your app's target is using the correct Certificate?

Hi chuahyen,

Have you been able to fix this issue?

We are having the same error message with XCode 7 while submitting our application on TestFlight.

I am also having the same issue. I've been at it for three days, trying to submit to iTunesConnect for a TestFlight distribution but getting rejected for an invalid binary every time. I am using Yosemite and XCode 7.0.1. I tried revoking all certificates and profisioning profiles, deleting those certificates and profiles from my Keychain, then generating new certificates and profiles, downloading them and signing with those, but nothing worked. I also deleted the build folder, and cleaned the project like the email told me to.

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "MyApp". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Signature - The binary with bundle identifier 'com.mycompany.myframework at path [myframework.framework] contains an invalid signature. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

I have the latest everything (iOS, OS.x, Xcode, Transporter), new Distribution Cert, and also get this message.

Email says

ITMS-90035: Invalid Signature - The binary with bundle identifier 'com.rimex.tyresense' at path [TyreSense.iOS.app] contains an invalid signature. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose 'Clean All' in Xcode, delete the 'build' directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.