how i can correlate an In-app purchase receipt (transaction) with the report in IOS ?

how i can correlate an In-app purchase receipt (transaction) with the report in IOS ?

I am working with the In-app purchases in my current app development. As per documentation after successful purchase i will get the "receipt" of the purchase on my server. I am aware about the "Financial Reports" provided on iTunes Connect at monthly intervals. Now my question is what should i have to do to validate a particular transaction with the Financial report provided by apple. I see some sample Financial reports Sample but couldn't find any such parameter which give the transaction Id or any other unique field.

is there any way to correlate an In-app purchase receipt (transaction) with the report in IOS ?

Replies

None. Individual transactions are never reported.

It might help if you could say what exactly you are trying to achieve. The in-app purchase receipt says that a purchase has been made, so it is made, so the app should behave as if it had been made (and so should your server, if you have a server).

Are you trying to check whether Apple are paying you for the in-app purchases they sell? Or what else are you trying to do?

Basically i am storing data from reciept in my system with some transaction in my system.now i want to reconcile those transaction with any transaction report generated by apple-store-connect like finance report, sales report etc...

currently i found that "Detailed Payment Report" giving all transactions data but i am not able to find any field which match with purchase receipt parameters.

> i want to reconcile those transaction with any transaction report generated by apple-store-connect

If by 'reconcile' you mean that a specific user's transaction is reflected in your apple payment - no.

If by 'reconcile' you mean determine if the apple payment is consistent with the total number of transactions - yes. Count up your individual transactions over a period of time and see if that number is close to what Apple reports. - on a country-by-country basis and on a week-by-week basis. But there may be a time shift in when Apple reports revenue and the user reports payment.

Another question is - what will you do if you discover that you are getting much more or much less than you expect?

Thanks. Basically i want to reconcile between payment receipt which i am receiving after each purchase/renewal in my app in app store vs monthly reports generated in app store connect. If its not match then i will need to find where is the gap.

> reconcile between payment receipt which i am receiving after each purchase/renewal in my app in app store vs monthly reports generated in app store connect.

Again - you can't. You can only reconcile between payment receipts you are receiving for all purchase/renewal in my app in app store vs monthly reports generated in app store connect.

> If its not match then i will need to find where is the gap.

You are supposed to verify the receipt each time an individual user makes a purchase. That reconciles the individual claim to the rights of an IAP with the receipt issued by Apple. Having done that, you can then check to be sure that Apple is paying you for the total number of validated purchases that you have recorded and complain to Apple if you feel you are being short-changed. You CANNOT reconcile Apple's report with any individual purchase.

> Again - you can't. You can only reconcile between payment receipts you are receiving for all purchase/renewal in my app in app store vs monthly reports generated in app store connect.

how can i do this ? "You can only reconcile between payment receipts you are receiving for all purchase/renewal in my app in app store vs monthly reports generated in app store connect."

Accumulate the receipts that come into your server on a day-by-day basis starting with a particular calendar date. Note each receipt and the revenue you expect on that date. When you get the Apple report, compare the numbers on that report with your daily totals. Try to detrmine the approximate time frame that Apple is reporting. Use that time frame in all subsequent Apple reporting periods. After a few reporting periods you should be able to align the delay in Apple's reports with your day-by-day numbers.

• This lack of transparency is concerning. I have discovered a large difference in the amount expected versus the amount paid. I cannot track to individual transactions due to the missing transaction ID in the reports. I have reported to support and had no reply.

All other companies supply this information however it seems that Apple is being consciously opaque on this. Why?

Add a Comment