watchOS 6.2.8 (17U5545c): URGENT, Wrong Version Number in Symbols Download Blocking On-Device Watch Development

Please confer to my radar FB7734469 Device symbols for current Beta watchOS 6.2.8 (17U5545c) are copied to the wrong Xcode watchOS DeviceSupport directory (~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport/…) The symbols are copied to a directory like: '…/Watch5,2 watchOS 6.2.8 (17U5535e)' …, but SHOULD READ instead: '…/Watch5,2 watchOS 6.2.8 (17U5545c)' Because of this, a Watch device is not correctly recognized by Xcode and the on-device Watch development is currently not possible at all. Thank you very much.

Accepted Reply

Looking forward to installing watchOS 7.0 beta now. No, I am not surprised that nothing happened regarding watchOS 6.2.8 anymore…

See you around ;-)

Replies

Since there are some Apple guys around during the very last minutes viewing watchOS questions, are there any news on this watchOS 6.2.8 release?

Thank you ;-)
Looking forward to installing watchOS 7.0 beta now. No, I am not surprised that nothing happened regarding watchOS 6.2.8 anymore…

See you around ;-)
For all of you having difficulties installing watchOS 7.0 Beta…

No joke, the path for downloading the profile is NOT correct… Sounds familiar?

Please replace this WRONG path:

https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/services-account/download?path=/WWDC_2020/watchOS_7_beta_Configuration_Profile/watchOS_7_Beta_Profilemobileconfig.mobileconfig

…with this CORRECT path:

https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/WWDC_2020/watchOS_7_beta_Configuration_Profile/watchOS_7_Beta_Profilemobileconfig.mobileconfig

And please make sure that your Watch is not code protected while installing the profile (on your wrist and accessible, will do).

See you ;-)
Hello, me,

A copy from my other post, please consider running watchOS 7.0 Beta IN Xcode 12 Beta ON macOS 11.0 Big Sur Beta

watchOS 7.0 Beta on-device

Please be aware that Apple do not state clearly enough that you would actually need to install the macOS Big Sur Beta AND Xcode 12 Beta, if you are after on-device development for Apple Watch and watchOS 7.0 Beta. As a matter of fact, this is a MUST.

Compiling and building watchOS 7.0 Beta on your Watch is working then as it should ;-)

No more error messages and complaining about non-installed Watch symbols. By the way, this was also the reason for failing watchOS 6.2.8 Beta builds running still macOS Catalina several days ago (simply, because macOS Big Sur Beta was not out yet and running Xcode 12 Beta alone was not good enough for watchOS 6.2.8 Beta on-device…)
Hello, myself,

Just in case, I double information concerning this issue here:

The watchOS 7.0 Beta (18R5350e) Debug Symbols just came in several minutes ago!

Everything compiling and working now on-device (!) as expected.

Kind regards