Error exporting to macOS AppStore - CFBundleIdentifier Collision

We wrote an app using the zoom.us macOS SDK. Not that we wanted to release the new version we cannot export to Apple App Store

App Store Connect Operation Error

ERROR ITMS-90511: “CFBundleIdentifier Collision. The Info.plist CFBundleIdentifier value ‘us.zoom.airhost’ of ‘OurApp macOS.app/Contents/Frameworks/airhost.app’ is already in use by another application.”

Any suggestion what can be done here?

Thomas

Replies

Don't use someone else's identifier. Use your own, something like "org.tmiskiew.ah". The word "zoom" is trademarked by Zoom, I'm sure, so don't use that.

I found that it was tedious to make these changes manually, so I wrote the CFBundleIdentifer Fixer app to solve the problem.

The solution is straightforward, just use the CFBundleIdentifier for the main app as a prefix for the CFBundleIdentifier values within each enclosed bundle plist file.

===== Usage Instructions =====
1) Launch the CFBundleIdentifer Fixer.
2) Drag & Drop the app you want to fix onto the application button.
3) The embedded bundle plist files will be updated and the results displayed in the Results field.
4) After fixing the CFBundleIdentifiers within an app, your app will need to be digitally signed. You may use command line commands or automated tools like App Wrapper to perform this signing.

This app is available on the macOS App Store and on the FmProMigrator.com website.