[Team Name] does not have permission to create "iOS App Store" provisioning profiles

Short story:

I am getting this error and would very much appreciate any help. Thanks!

[Team Name] does not have permission to create "iOS App Store" provisioning profiles.

Select a different team and try again.

No profiles for [Bundle Name] were found

Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Store provisioning profiles matching [Bundle Name].

Full Story:

We have an Organization account.

Two developers on the team are getting the above error. I am the Account Holder and wanted to see if I could replicate it. To do that, I clean-sheeted it by creating a Developer role account in ASC with access to all apps and access to certificates and profiles checked. Then I:

1. Deleted all .mobileprovision files under ~Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles
  2. Turned off Manage signing automatically in Xcode
  3. Verified team is “none”
  4. Removed my account from Xcode
  5. Shut down Xcode
  6. Went to Keychain/My Certificates search for “company name”. Deleted certificate(s) and private key
  7. Went to Keychain/My Certificates search for “develop”. Deleted certificate(s) and private key
  8. Went to Keychain/Certificates search for “worldwide”. Delete certificate(s)
  9. Went to Keychain/Certificate Assistant/Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority (making sure nothing was selected for Keychains and “All Items” was selected in the Categories section of the Keychain. I then saved a signing request to my machine
  10. Logging in as that Developer role, I went to MC/Certificates and clicked on the plus sign to add a new certificate. Chose Apple Development (since I am usng Xcode 11), then clicked Continue. I chose the signing certificate request I just made, then Continue. I downloaded the new file, development.cer
  11. I verified the new cert was in fact in the MC
  12. I download the WWDRCA certificate here: https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer
  13. Went to the Finder, double-clicked on AppleWWDRCA.cer then development.cer
  14. Double clicked on the team distribution.cer file I sent myself as Account Holder
  15. Double clicked on the team distribution .mobileprovision profile I sent myself as Account Holder. This uses the Apple Developer certificate, and is a wildcard profile for iOS
  16. Launched Xcode, then added my account to Xcode preferences and selected my team. Under Manage Certificates I see a Development and a Distribution certificate
  17. I turned on Manage signing automatically and selected my team under Signing and Capabiities
  18. I then built and deployed successully a simple, single-view app that does nothing, to an actual iOS device
  19. I then archived and tried to distribute the app via the Organizer, accepting all defaults.
  20. I then got the above error

Where am I going wrong?

Thank you!

Replies

UPDATE: If I turn off automatically manage signing and select the appropirate provisioning profile myself, it works. But I don't understand why...

Any ideas?

Thank you!

What happened to the other comments?

They all seem deleted now...

I am also running into this problem with a developer.

Does anyone have any tips?

Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

The reason of this problems is not obvious message that sands you on another issue. We met the same problem as yours and suddenly we resolve it by changing rights of account which from we have made a build.

• Changed which settings to what? #detailsrequested

Add a Comment

Hello, I am getting the same error. Can someone please reply on how to fix?

When I go to Validate my app, it tells me I need to "Re-Sign [my app]". Then there are two options: Automatically manage signing and Manually manage signing. Neither of these work for me.

For Automatically manage signing, I get the following two errors: Errors occurred while locating signing assets: [Team Name] does not have permission to create "iOS App Store Provisioning profiles." Select a different team and try again. No profiles for [Bundle Identifier] were found. Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Store Provisioning profiles matching [Bundle Identifier].

For Manually manage signing, I get stuck at the following place: Under [App Name].app: Select Profile --> Import/Download Profile, I am not sure how to import or download a provisioning profile.