App Store URL of private B2B app

Hi all,

my app got approved by Apple, distributed for Business as "Available for private distribution to specific organizations on Apple Business Manager", where I provided the Organization ID, I "bought" Licence type "Managed" for 0 USD in business.apple.com, but now I am trying to add it to our iOS MDM solution by IBM, called MaaS360. It asks me for some things, like App Name, Bundle ID, Version, etc. This all I know. But the one thing I have no idea how to get is App Store URL.

TL;DR: How can I get the App Store URL for a private app, not visible for the public on AppStore?

Thank you all for the replies

Replies

I am not sure about B2B but an regular app has an "Apple Id" on the "App Information" page on "My Apps" on "App Store Connect". With that id (1234567890 below) the url is:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1234567890

Distribution of the B2B app is different - a user doesn't download a B2B app using the App Store.

Assuming you've already completed the intergration between MaaS360 & ABM - perhaps this (VPP-centric?) info sheds light?

h ttps://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8H2S/com.ibm.mc.doc/pag_source/tasks/vpp_add_apps.htm?view=kc

I note this from the 'IBM MobileFirst Protect (MaaS360) On-Premises Configuration Guide, Version 2.3.0' PDF:

Get an App ID (aka Bundle ID) Every iOS App has a unique identifier called an App ID (also known as a Bundle ID) that you choose through the Apple iOS Developer Enterprise Account (https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/enterprise/).With IBM MaaS360, you define App IDs for three iOS apps:

• IBM MaaS360 App: The ID must begin with com.fiberlink.maas360., for example, com.fiberlink.maas360.customer . Be sure to include the required period after com.fiberlink.maas360.
  • Secure Browser: The ID must begin with com.fiberlink.browser. , for example, com.fiberlink.browser.customer.
  • Secure Editor: The ID must begin with com.fiberlink.editor. , as in com.fiberlink.editor.customer.These Bundle IDs are also used to code sign the apps before they can be distributed to mobile devices. For more information about signing iOS apps for your deployment, see “About Signing IBM MaaS360 Apps”.For more information about creating an App ID, refer to Apple's documentation (App Distribution Guide).

Otherwise, the general go-to in these examples is linkmaker. See Apple's QA1633

...I don't know if there are hurdles/restrictions in your ABM example, so you may have to real world on your own to find out.

Good luck.

Hi, I've put this https://itunes.apple.com/app/id followed by the 10-digit number of my app's Apple ID, to the App Store URL, but sadly it didn't work :/ Regular app should work this way, but this is hidden from the public on App Store.
If I follow the link I created it just says "App Not Available... This app is currently not available in your country or region."

When you open the app in App Store Connect, at the bottom of the App Information tab there's a link to:

View on App Store

I copy this and give it to my Maas360 clients. They use it for both the app URL and the app icon URL, and it works.

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?