in-app purchase not working in store version

In-app purchase is not working in the version of the app downloaded through the store. This works perfectly in the test-flight version.
You see that the price is (null) and then the purchase itself doesn't go through. When creating the app in itunesconnect there was no option to add in-app purchase to the app in the main developer page as detailed in page 22 of the manual here:
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnectInAppPurchase_Guide/iTunesConnectInAppPurchase_Guide.pdf
It all works perfectly in the sandbox. I even tried developer rejecting the review, to see if that would help as per this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10366184/in-app-purchases-cannot-be-added-to-this-version-because-it-has-already-been-sub
It did not help.
Is the document out of date? Am I doing something wrong? I have resubmitted a new app with new features as well as a different in-app purchase to see if we can get more debug info or if it will just start working.

There’s this also, which means we may just need to be patient. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6355442/in-app-purchase-not-working-in-released-version

Accepted Reply

First, you often need to wait 24 to 48 hours after approval for the IAPs to come on line.

But you wrote..."When creating the app in itunesconnect there was no option to add in-app purchase to the app". This option should appear immediately after you add a'screenshot' to the IAP. Did you add a screenshot to each IAP? If you did not select IAPs for inclusion with your binary then you have not submitted them for approval. IAPs that have not been submitted for approval and approved will work in the sandbox environment in test flight and on the simulator but will not appear in the production environment.

• This accepted answer is incorrect. You do not need to wait 24-48 hours. The system is instantaneous to when the application is published on the store. If it's in the backend, it's in the backend. Period. If its not, well, you need to wait for it to be in the backend. Once approved, it gets automatically added to the backend. The problem is that the App Store Connect website does not always list the in-app purchases to add to a particular App Store version that is to be submitted. This is a problem with engineers simply removing the section where you can click the checkbox. Why do they do this? No idea. Its honestly bonkers. The other problem is that when an in-app purchase is submitted for review, and gets returned to you for "correction", it is impossible to re-submit it back to the store because there is no way to fix the corrections and the newly submitted version won't update to re-send the in-app purchases with the current app version you want to be submitted. This is a technical problem on Apple's side. The only way to fix it is for Apple to go in their and manually fix it.

This has been a problem for a very long time apparently. No idea how Apple is allowed to continue to use this system and hasn't been hit with a class action law suit. Undue delays are authorized damages in a court of law.

• This is my problem exactly, "The other problem is that when an in-app purchase is submitted for review, and gets returned to you for "correction", it is impossible to re-submit it back to the store because there is no way to fix the corrections and the newly submitted version won't update to re-send the in-app purchases with the current app version you want to be submitted. This is a technical problem on Apple's side."

I plan to submit a support ticket. Let me know if you have a solution.

• Hi, same issue here. Any updates ?? My app is ready for sale but my IAP not showing ,and in testing worked fine. thanks!

Replies

Same problem here.

Approved for Developer Release: Jul 29, 2020 at 2:50 PM

Ready For Sale: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:15 AM

It is now the 31st at 2:00pm and the IAPs are still not available in the production version (they work fine in the sandbox/TestFlight).

All my banking, tax, contracts are fine, the app is "Ready for Sale" and all the IAPs are "Approved".

It weird that they would not configure the system to make sure all the IAPs are propagated and fully ready before making the owning app available.
  • I have the same problem, it's been over 60 hours that I'm waiting, I contacted the support and any responses ...

• Did you ever resolve the IAP not showing up problem?

Add a Comment
What seems to work is either editing the description of the IAP (edit > save > revert > save), or doing the same thing with the Cleared for Sale checkbox. After making these changes, the IAPs showed up within 8 hours. The 5 IAPs that I left untouched are still not available 48 hours after the app was released. I just did a similar edit to these, so hopefully within 8 hours, they show up too.
  • I'm having the same issue. Surprised why there is no documentation on this? As this thread is 2 years ago, any recent suggestion on this please?

Add a Comment
I was experiencing the same issue on 3 IAP's I have on a newly approved app so I tried DesertNomad's trick. I changed the description of 1 IAP and it appeared when I checked some time later. I repeated on a second and it showed up inside an hour. The curious thing was that the description was the old description, not the edited version. Also, if I accessed the IAP's through the Sandbox environment, they showed the edited description.

I waited overnight, at least 8 hours and this morning the descriptions are still the original unedited descriptions and my third IAP is still missing. I changed the description and the IAP began appearing within about 10-15 minutes, again with it and the others still showing the original description