Driver Extension loading

Hi

For understanding driver extension, I have downloaded the sample code from

https://github.com/knightsc/USBApp.git

After getting the necessary entitlements from apple, and some code changes to support my device I am able to Successfully compile it ( I have modified the plist to support my device) Also, I am able to activate the extension.

I have confirmed the same with the following command :

systemextensionctl list

it successfully list my driver extension.

But nothing proceeds after that, when I see the ioreg

it only shows

!registered, !matched, active

How to proceed after this. it seems my driver init, Start IMPL methods are not getting called. I have put OS_LOG to log tracing , but I am not able to find any logs.

I am not sure how to proceed further,

Thanks in advance

Replies

Hi

Can you tell me how can get necessary entitlements from apple? I'm stuck with this..

I think driver's init and start should be called after plug-in your device.(Of course activate the extension first)

Hi

you need to request driver kit and system extension entitlement from apple

It must be requested by the Account Holder of a development team in the Apple Developer Program.

The output of ioreg is captured after the device plugged in

Thank you for your reply.

It's been a week since I sent the request, but I was in stuck because there was no response.

In your case, how long did it take to get a response?

BTW, how about add bInterfaceClass and bInterfaceSubClass etc. to your plist for matching more closely.

I'm sorry I haven't been there yet, so I can't help much.

Hi

I took around 2 months to get the entitlements.

I am trying to load a device. So adding bInterfaceClass and bInterfaceSubClass in plist will not help

Please tell me,
Is the Apple approved entitlement necessary for dext living? If it take exactly 2 month to get,
How can I continue my porting?
Disable SIP - System Integrity Protection.