Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

From Apple

Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your app or its metadata includes irrelevant third-party platform information.

Specifically, your app primarily provides services and products for third party phone devices.

Referencing third-party platforms in your app or its metadata is not permitted on the App Store unless there is specific interactive functionality.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove all instances of this information from your app and its metadata, including the app description, promotional text, What's New info, previews, and screenshots.

I have realised the information of some products in my Application that includes the third-party phone devices names. They are "Samsung" and "Oppo". However, if my App is to sell these third-party phone's components such as: "Samsung screens, Samsung mainboard, Oppo screen, ....", is it allowed?

Is there any requirements for the images, names and detail of the third-party devices. More specifically, Do the images need to be original without any mark icon? Can I reduce the length of names of devices?

If showing the third-party phone devices need the specific contracts with Apple or third-party companies, please give me the guidline for that process. I cannot find out any information about this topic.

Anyone give me the advice, please!

Thank you

• We fell foul of this as our design team used a dud image in the 'iOS Previews & Screenshots' section. They HAD used iPhone frames in the screen-shots, BUT then the images within the iPhone frames were taken from an Android - i.e they had a small camera showing in a location which iOS doesn't have. A minor details but (quite rightly) Apple picked us up on it.

Add a Comment

Replies

did you fix this issue?