Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Hey guys

I’ve been trying to pay for Apple Developer Program enrollment for about a week and still no luck. As well as I got from a small talk with the customer support – Apple never got my money. So it seems like my payment authorization fails all the time. But I don’t know what’s really going on.

Have any of you ever had issues like that?

Or maybe you just know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Answered by in 626670022
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.
I'm having the same problem
My order has been cancelled thrice already, tried, debit card, then US Credit Card, and now again Indian Credit Card, all failed.
Using HDFC Cards
  • from india

Hello, I am from Bulgaria and have issue with the payment. Everything in my account is the same as App Store account, which is active and can make purchase for apps.

When I try to Enroll my Developer account and the Apple show me that in 2 days will activate and not take the money from my Card. I tried with 3 different cards, since 1 month tries and nothing. They even don`t send a failed transaction or etc.

What can I do to activate my account, please help me?
hi guys , I have the same problem here - I'm from South Africa.

If we could register our accounts and appleId in USA , that will make it possible for us to make the payment.

Does anyone know how to change regions of both the appleId and dev account to our respective country after doing the above?
Anyone tried that ?
someone in this forum who posted steps 4 weeks ago which works for him.

Guy's try this it works for me before:

Go to your mac > setting > apple id > in the left side there is "media & purchases" click on it and change the require password to "never require" and then try again using safari

my mac os is catalina

Hope it will be fixed.
Im in Spain but im using my Argentinian credit card and it is the same. I have tried two times and still "on revision". I dont know what happens to Apple lastly,

If Steve jobs were alive he would want to die again
I'm from Indonesia, I also have the same issue.
Hi I’m from Indonesia.

I tried 9 attempts, with 7 different cards, 2 Apple IDs and all was rejected.

Contact the Apple Support and they just reply by email 2 times. They asking for history of my previous transaction on Apple with my payment method. Already give them but they said can’t help anything. Why they asking for this then? It’s funny because I can successfully done payment with exactly the same card and details for App Store and Apple Service for Apple Music Subscription.

They also asking to contact my financial institution. I go check to the bank and they said that there is no issue with my card and it active can use to payment. They also said there isn’t failed payment attempts on the history. It’s mean Apple didn’t do anything yet with my card. The bank said need to check with Apple to ask about the payment. (It’s not only one of financial institution in my country give me the same information, since I used different card and I check my card one by one)

I also call Apple by phone for 3 times but no one can’t have no idea with my problem. They said currently we can’t help you. One guy said I need to have new Apple ID and try again with another card. It also not help and still rejected / canceled.

I thought, I’m the only one that facing this issue, but here seems a lot of developer got the same problem. Then Apple need to seriously review this problem and check their payment system.

Thank You
Same happen with me here in Saudi Arabia.. I've tried 6 times with 2 Apple ID and 2 credit cards but all failed.

It's so prostrating... they have to link it to apple store which is so easy to purchase.
Another issue is the Order page is not working properly because of Apple Developer Program.
Guys, my issue fixed after 7 weeks! How? Consistency is the key!

After a long time struggle with this issue I opened a new ticket to developer support and voluntarily provided the history of my purchase and the order ID with the same payment method and also a bank statement that shows the address is correct.
As soon as I got the issue number, kept following it up with different channels.

Every working day I emailed developer support to see if there is any new update, contacted apple support in twitter, called their support daily and tell them my issue number to follow up the issue, and OoooH, lastly I stated to forward the vast list of my emails to everyone that I found in Apple, in different departments. Finally, one night I got the message that my card has been charged and my account has been activated.

So, make sure that the problem is not on your side. Double check with your bank that if they don't temporarily blocked Apple and let them know you wanna purchase the developer program from Apple.com. Also make sure to review your account on iTtunes and add your payment method there, try to buy an app or cheap music and get. When you want to pay for enrollment fee use iPhone / Mac / Safari to do the purchase. if the problem still exits, Keeeeeep following up with developer support.
Guys.

This payment is clearly their issue. The sad fact is that they are not even bothered to address it.
help me re tweet this as much as possible. Hope at least then the trillion dollar company may get some time to fix their bug.

twitter.com/allcommands/status/1282545245868056576

I made a purchase and received an acknowledgement email more than 20 days ago but my account status is still showing "Pending". Every time I made an attempt my purchase was similarly responded to by an acknowledgement email, but 1 days later it was cancelled. I contacted Apple support and they told me that they couldn't find my payment order.
Now they are no longer replying my emails. I made the payment more-than 15 times using different but always get Canceled..
I'm in India

There is currently a worldwide problem in getting an apple developer license.

The problem is explained with a link in the description.

Essentially everyone internationally is struggling to pay for the license. Apple blocks the payment if certain “unknown” conditions aren’t met.

Fortunately, I have found a solution to the problem, where a client of mine obtained her license in 24 hours by following these steps:
  1. On your iPhone or any apple device you must download the apple developer app. Link is in the description.

2. Make sure the card you are going to buy the apple license with is the same card currently linked to your apple id. The card may not be linked to any other apple id. One apple id = one card.

3. Login to the apple developer app with your apple id and enrol in the apple developer program via the app.

4. If you encounter a delay of 24 hours, then email apple developer support and tell them your card can buy songs and apps so there is no reason it cannot buy an apple developer license.

5. If still not approved, follow up by buying a song or an app, and send apple support that snippet of your bank statement proving that your card does in fact work to purchase from Apple.

I've noticed some of the invisible checks done by apple:
  1. They want you to have an existing apple id, not sure how old it must be.

2. They want you to buy the license while being logged into an apple device.

3. They want to verify you by making sure the apple id card matches the developer program payment card.

4. They would prefer if the purchase is made via the apple developer app.

I had this same problem. I contacted Apple Support and they told me they will get back to me. They got back to me with this email:

Hello ***,

This is Paul from Apple Developer Program Support. It was nice to speak with you today. I have researched the issue for you.

For one or more reasons, your enrollment in the Apple Developer Program could not be completed. We are unable to continue with your enrollment at this time.

Best regards,

Paul
Apple Inc.

How is this helpful?
Hi guys, i have got another id apple account, got into it, said that im in Spain (my old account was in Argentina) and i went everything ok, i think they have some countires on the "black list"? maybe , try that.
Another case from Colombia, South America. I have make payments in all the world with my credit card. Including China, this is not a Bank issue. Take care of your developers apple. This things can cost you a lot in the future.
This is not a bank problem or a location problem. I'm in the US. I've used five different cards, including a debit card -- all US banks and all with plenty of room to make purchases. I was asked on my first support request if I had used the card previously to buy something in the store. If so, I should send them the invoice number. Since i have not, I couldn't do this, but regardless I could not understand why this would matter.

In my second reply from support I was directed to use the Developer app to complete enrollment. From my Mac, I spent an hour installing the Developer app and trying to find a place to enroll, to no avail.

I am starting to think you must have to have purchased an iPhone previously and they use that as verification of your identity or something.
Hello, I have same issue.

I was asked to send successful purchase from Apple in the past by support. I have sent them, but support ignores me. Then I have send them email asking my previous case, senior advisor reply with "use the latest safari, contact your financial institution, bla bla bla... It was clear that my card is not a problem, I have sent them the proof just like they asked but they keep answering in loop with already made copy paste answers. In my case, support is a joke!

I have tried someone's solution from here also, but they did not works for me. I've used solution Apple Developer app enroll link (because in my country enroll button not avail) then next day is canceled. I've used Mac, set payment setting to never require password also got canceled. I've match my Billing info in my Apple ID exactly with the card I was using to enroll also got canceled.

This is literally the worst experience I have ever had with Apple. Really, support is just ignoring me.
Apple, can you please address this issue?

This is really a shame on you!!!

I have been trying multiple times, support do not help. They just repeat every time, literally the same emails and responses.

Call you bank
Check the card
Try with another Apple ID
Try again later
Check billing address
Try another card

NONE OF THEM WORK.

The weird thing is that the website doesn't ask for CVV, how in the name of god will they charge me??!!!

The problem is the Apple System, they do not even try to charge the card. I call the bank they say we received nothing nor blocked anything.

Why is the Developer forum like that, No any Apple Support Guy even knows about it.

I asked why don't give a real answer and surprisingly cough, obviously they said:

"We don't know what causes the problem"

What??!!! In the name of god does this mean?

The weird thing is that you are trying to give them money but they won't even try taking it 🤦‍♂️.
I had same issue with me im trying from last 2 3 month with different cards different countries with different ids with different devices which one apple support ask me but still i cant enroll
I contact with them 100s time they just ignoring and the answer is from apple support ( we cant do anything we are sorry)

I never seen this mich bad and shit service in my life even smallest company have solution but apple dont have solution for this and they are blaming you and bank for all this

Shit service
I did successfully manage to get access to Apple developer program after using 3 cards(from India), 2 cards from USA, a credit card from UK & talking with 20 different customer care executives
This is what I did:
  1. After talking to a lot if customer agents & getting the same response again and again (check with your financial institution), I asked my case to be transferred to a senior customer executive.

2. The first senior executive again told me that nothing can be done and I need to talk to my bank

3. Called up again and asked to be transferred to another senior executive who was open to listen to the issue. She said she will transfer the case to the internal department

4. After 1 day, they created a (fake) purchase on apple store (//secure1.store.apple.com/) & I got an invoice for buying a "Apple Developer Program Enrollment". in a few hours, on the apple website, they could successfully charge 99$ on my Indian card.

5. Next day I got a mail asking for some valid government identification (I gave my passport scan)

6. Immediately after providing the same, I was granted access to apple developer program.

Hope this helps someone :)
I have some issues too. I have tried several cards and banks and have not got any successful result. Support has ignored my requests. I don’t understand why Apple does it. Is it too difficult to answer  support requests?

PS. I see "undefinedundefined" text in "Cost" field on purchase info page every time.
Me too from India. My Card is working with in app purchase but not for Apple Developer Payment.
Guys guys, I just got in the Developer program after experiencing frustration like you guys. The solution I used was using Apple titanium credit card (my thought was that Apple only plays with Apple). Once I used this Apple credit card, the money got deducted and 30 mins later, I got a mail from Apple requiring my ID and I gave them my passport. My account was activated in the same day.

I cant apply for apple titanium credit card since am not an American and dont have the SSN, I asked a friend who is generous enough to let me use his card and it was successful.

Hope this helps, good luck to you guys
Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Q