"Apps using Apple ID" show bundle ID instead of App Name for Watch OS apps

When going to Settings/[your apple id]/Password & Security/Apps using Apple ID, the apps listed here normally have an app icon, and the name of the app displayed. Bird is a good example of this. You see the icon, then "Bird - Be Free, Enjoy the Ride".

However, independent watch apps don't appear to get the same treatment. They have the default icon, and the Bundle ID is shown. We initially thought this will be resolved when we launched on the App Store, however that's not been the case. We also see that in apps made by other companies, they show the default icon and a string like: "XC com [BUNDLE ID] watchkitapp". Meditopia is a good example of this. As is Orange Zones.

Does anyone know a way to address this correctly? It's a pretty poor user experience for a user when they go looking for a specific App and have to wade through Bundle IDs which don't necessarily reflect the User facing name of the app.

Thanks,

• I have a similar question, but it is about how to set an icon for the app/website. And a link to the privacy policy. I see native apps with such, but mine is a web app which uses Sign In with Apple. Is there a way for me to put an icon in the "Apps using Apple ID" dialog box?

Add a Comment

Replies

I managed to get a partial fix for this.

Xcode automatically generated an Identifier for both the App and the Watchkit extension:

com.[COMPANY].[PRODUCT].watchkitapp.watchkitextension

When I tracked that down in the developer portal I could edit the description to something more appropiate.

I haven't worked out how to update the Icon yet, I suspect it has something to do with the Apple ID looking for metadata from the Watchkit Extension target, but the data seems to be store on the App target.

Did you ever get a full fix to this?

This is a flow chart to better present the way for changing the "app name" shown on the "Apple ID logins" on the Settings page.

• I want to show my app name in chinese in the Settings/[your apple id]/Password & Security/Apps . But now it's in english. i see other app's name is chinese How to set description in chinese.

Add a Comment