Unable to remove App Preview video or change associated Metadata

After many months of being listed on the App Store, the latest version of an app was rejected because the App Preview video (unchanged) does now not meet current publication guidelines.

I am trying to proceed with the app review without any App Preview video. However, there is no method under the app entry in the App Store Connect to enable for the modification/deletion of the App Review metadata causing the rejection. As a matter of fact, only the screen shots are shown, but no App Preview metadata.

I have already resubmitted the app for review multiple times with explanations and received repeated rejects for the same reason, showing the pages of the App Preview which are causing the disapproval.

I noticed that the App Preview will not show when the currently pubished version is displayed using the App Store app on a device running iOS 13.x. However, when the app is displayed using App Store on an iPad running iOS 9.3.5, the App Preview video is made available.

So the video is out there somewhere but not accessible for me as the developer to edit the associated metadata in order to remove the App Preview video.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or does anyone maybe know what I am missing in order to take appropriate steps so progress can be made with the app approval process.?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Answered by DJHarter in 388993022

Was able to remove the App Previews with Media Manager using Safari 12.1.2 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Could not accomplish this with latest release of Safari 13.0.2 running on macOS Catalina 10.15. Opened an incident report with Apple Developer Program Support.

I believe the problem occurs with App Previews created in the past for 4.7-inch Display and below. Hope that this might be of help to someone.

Accepted Answer

Was able to remove the App Previews with Media Manager using Safari 12.1.2 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Could not accomplish this with latest release of Safari 13.0.2 running on macOS Catalina 10.15. Opened an incident report with Apple Developer Program Support.

I believe the problem occurs with App Previews created in the past for 4.7-inch Display and below. Hope that this might be of help to someone.

Hi, I also encountered the exactly same problem. Only the screen shots are shown, but no App Preview metadata(shown as 0/3).

I also tried using Safari 12.1.2 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 but still cannot see or edit the app previews(still shown as 0/3).

What am i missing and how do you solve this problem and get App Preveiws Video deleted?

Hope to get your replay and that would be helpful.

I’m also encountering this problem. Preview video has been removed and nowhere in the media manager, yet it’s still showing in App Store listing.
Hi everyone,

we are getting the same problem with video previews removal.

Is there solution for it?
Unable to remove App Preview video or change associated Metadata

Q