App review delay

Hello! Last week, when Xcode Seed 2 was out I released updates to 6 of my apps. For 3 of the apps the update was reviewed and published within a day or two. The rest 3 apps are still "Waiting for review". One of the apps is from September 17 (Today is 23). This is a long time and I've never had to wait that long. Is there some delays for you? I thought that the delay is because I didn't release anything in the last few months but for the half of the updates there was no problems. The main thing I added to the updates is the dark mode. The only think I think what differentiate the apps is that the 3 released updates are in English but the waiting updates are in Bulgarian (They are bulgarian apps). But before I've never had problem with this.

(On the side note, I realy hope Apple adds Bulgarian language to the App Store languages.)

So, do you have any delays? How much time I have to wait? I'm thinking of contacting the review team but I don't know if this is the right decision.

Replies

I was about to inquire. Also long time review for an App that needs fixing for iOS 13.

Submitted Friday 20 morning. Still "waiting for review".

I checked the site "App review times" which is supposedly not needed anymore because of 24/48h reviews times, which is not the case obviously in crowded times.

I believe the delay is due to the release of iOS 13 and surge of developpers submiting app fixes.

Same with me , two apps waiting for review for some days ....

I'm also waiting since 3 days with 2 iOS app updates.

At the same time OSX reviews went smoothly withiin couple hours.

My apps are In review now.

I've been waiting for review for 4 days and after review my updated app was accepted, but is not available in the app store.

What is going on there?

Same here. 4 days now and my app has always been reviewed after max 2 days.

I guess they are very busy but they should have hired more testers when they released iOS 13!

edit: Finally in review! 🙂

What if you have plans, scheduled ads etc. and Apple is doing such things.

Hey Apple, it's not a circus, it's business, we pay you for this so treat us seriously!

Here is my situation ( as of 19th of September )

1. App was rejected from Apple Reviewer ( he/she did not respond to my reply ) - Design Spam
  2. Apple Board Team ( did not respond to my appeal )
  3. App Waiting for Review still

Perfect.

We’ve been waiting 10 days now for what should be a relatively simple update. Last one went through in 2 days! Contacted Apple twice and just got a standard, “just wait” Reply. We have a web platform release waiting on this so it’s costing us time and reputation. Would be nice to at least know what is going on rather than the app just sitting “In Review”.

We were supposed to release today, 6 platforms are ready for a week but we're waiting on Apple. They rejected us because they said the info.plist didn't have the camera description, it did.

This is so annoying. Android has automatic approval, why do we have to wait days for a chance to get reviewed only to get rejected in 2022.

We decided not to release our MacOS via the app store because of this lack of launch control.