Importing photos to apps all appear grey/don’t load.

I Use my iPad a lot for design based work and rely heavily upon sketching over photos in sketchbook. After updating to iPadOS 13.1 (IPad Pro 11 inch) I can no longer import photos to the app. When I do they either don't appear or are 5% loaded with the rest of the photo greyed out. I can however import a new photo from camera fine. I have even tried taking a photo and then importing that but that does not work. I have ruled out this error being the app as I have the same issues with PowerPoint and Procreate.

Has anyone encountered this? I've done some googling but cannot find any solutions

If it is of any help I recently downsized my iCloud library but have since deleted everything off of iCloud and have iCloud photos turned off on my iPad. I also loaded sketchbook onto my phone (12.4) and was able to import images fine.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 🙂

Replies

I do have the same issue and noticed it first in PowerPoint. My work around was to import the photo in the desktop version and then open up the iPad version.

Yep I’ve been doing that too, glad it’s not just me though!

If Sketchbook are using the standard IOS image picker to import photos then this might be due to a bug that was in iOS 13.1 beta 1 that broke the picker. That bug was fixed in iOS 13.1 beta 2. Check you're on the latest version and try again. If it still doesn't work, something else is the problem!