Preview Video Save Issues

I've been trying to upload a preview video for a Mac app to App Store Connect for two days now and am running into a problem when I try to save the app listing.

The video uploads fine, from either the app's version page and when going through the Media Manager. I can play the video back and even set the poster frame. However, if I try to save the listing in the Media Manager, the video simply disappears. No error. No nothing. If I upload the video from the app version page, again everything seems fine, but when I try to save the listing, App Store Connect returns an error saying the video is in the incorrect format. However, it does not tell me what it doesn't like (encoding, audio format, length, what?).

The video was created in Final Cut Pro X and exported at 30fps, 1920 x 1080 (progressive). The MOV file is encoded in H.264 with 44.1k AAC stereo audio. The preview video is exactly 30 seconds long. I've tried shortening it, using 48k audio, and just about everything else I can think of, but no luck. I was unable to try Apple Pro Res 422 HQ because the size is above Apple's 500 MB limit.

I've uploaded a number of preview videos in the past and I seem to recall that format errors were flagged on upload and not save. I certainly don't remember being able to play the vdeo back in App Store Connect and set the poster frame if there were any format issues. Could be wrong, though.

Any ideas as to how to fix this are most welcome.

Answered by Enderlyn in 375849022

I received an email from Apple last night that said they were aware of the issue and working on it. The problem seems to have been fixed as of this morning.

Accepted Answer

I received an email from Apple last night that said they were aware of the issue and working on it. The problem seems to have been fixed as of this morning.

Preview Video Save Issues

Q