Is it possible to test Authorization Services on Simulators?

I have been trying to test out the Sign In With Apple official example that apple provides, on an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.0 simulator.

It´s very inconsistent...

Whenever I prompt up the login screen, it goes through to the password input, and when introducing the password, nothing happens.

Other times, It works the SECOND time I send the password (first one is... ignored?), prompting the 2 factor authentication of my apple account.

Then, silent login seems to fail always, and you are always required to do the full login.

This is with the official example provided by Apple to devs.

Does it work this randomly on actual devices with iOS 13 beta? Or is it just a simulator issue?

Did anyone get it to work with the SDK on the simulator?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lupidan Down vote post of lupidan
11k views

Replies

Hi Lupidan,

It is expected to work on the simulator after entering both factors. If you are not seeing this behavior, please file us a radar!

Testing on a real device though would be a better reflection of what a typical customer would see.

Dima

The flow does not work as you would expect, with the official Juice example you provide, in an iOS 13 simulator:

- First time launching the app, sign in with Apple, we receive the user ID and it is saved into the keychain. (Sometimes... if you just logged with a new user on that simulator, you need to wait a day for it to start working with the 2 factor authentication)
- Second time the app launches, it gets the user ID from the keychain, and then 'getCredentialState' in the App Delegate just fails, with the status .NotFound, and moving to the login screen again :-/

Still seeing this behavior on Xcode 11.1.

Radar FB7391610 filed

I'm seeing this issue now in simulator with Xcode 11.5. Unfortunately I don't have a physical device in my possession at this time with iOS 13 so I cannot test my workflow with a real device.

Has there been any progress here?

For me I am able to test in iPhone SE simulator but when I am testing in Apple Watch Series 5 - 44mm simulator then I get an alert asking me to update passcode in settings. After updating passcode when I again go and tap on apply sign in button the process is repeated. The passcode is never updated for me it seems. Need help to overcome this problem.
Same problem with passcode in Apple Watch simulator.

How can I check this in simulator?