Appstore connect keeps rejecting App Preview Video!

I make the videos out of Adobe Premiere before (a year ago) and it worked fine but now nothing works.

I've used these parameters listed here https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev4e413fcb8

After looking around people have problems with iMovie as well it's not an app thing. I'm stumpped.

Replies

Upload now worked 100% for me (using iMovie generated App Preview). Hope it also works for everyone as well!

Previews are uploading but it's not 100%. Keep trying.

It's accepting my Adobe premiere files too. Make sure the format profile is Main @ level 40.

I contacted Apple Developer Support about this problem yesterday. They got back to me in about 15 minutes to gather information about my video, then a bit later sent this: “Just wanted to let you know our teams are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it in a timely manner.” I guess this shows that dev support is responsive; even if it takes some time to fix the issue.

Do you have a hotline to their phone?

thanks for showing my the bug report thing! I saw it before but foolishly didn't understand how to use it. *face-palm*

whew! finally worked for me. i hope it worked for you guys too. Thanks to everyone on the thread for making me feel less crazy 🙂 and for those who also reported it to Apple.

There was no hotline... I just filled out the developer support form with my phone number and they called me within about 30 seconds.

Please, what are the settings you used?

I've been trying every single compression, frame rate, dimensions... iMovie expor App preview... everything says it's in the wrong format.

Unfortunately App Store Connect sometimes reports a wrong format even if the format is correct. This thread was about a phase when App Store Connect refused correctly formatted previews very frequently; maybe there is another such phase. Otherwise iMovie export should work.

I had the same issue today with some of our videos.

Interestingly, after changing the poster frame and hitting "Save" again it worked for me without error.

For anyone with the "one or more of your app previews contain unsupported or corrupted audio" message - I didn't have any audio for my preview, but once I created one with sound it worked fine for me.

Use iMovie. It has a dedicated App Preview creator that will correct all the issues.

After this many years, the bug keeps nagging me. Do any body know workarounds for this error ?

I managed to modify an existing Adobe Media Encoder preset with some additional tweaks, and it worked really well. The key was to first lock the aspect ratio/size handles to be exactly e.g. 1920x1080 first, and then change to Level 4.0. If you don't lock the size, it will downsize the video, and you'll get an error when trying to upload it to Apple.

Here's my preset, feel free to try it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/29981bzrz5nz664v2gzvj/Apple-AppStore-Vids-Mac.epr?rlkey=y5tsjs9m3x9trcbl2xrm5y3q4&dl=0

Video Aspect: Square Pixels (1.0) worked for me.