MacBook Pro freezing after inactivity

After updating to macOS 10.15 beta 4 on my MacBook Pro Early 2015, if I leave my computer inactivate for about 5-10 minutes the computer completely freezes. There is not feedback of any key presses, the track pad doesn't "click", etc. I have to force a reboot but I am not recieving any log files to figure out what's happening. Is anyone else experiencing this or figured out how to prevent this?

Same thing of my MacBook Air (Early 2015).

Same here on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

My macbook pro does the same thing. It even happends with the lid closed

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Interesting it seems to be happening only with 2015 machines (at least based off of the responses). It is also happening when the lid is closed on mine as well. Does any have any idea how to stop it or generate a log so we can report it?

I think I found what it is related too. It seems to only happen when my MacBook Pro is connected to a power source.

How often do you logout but not shut down your MacBook Pro?

Yesterday i logged out of my MBP then after 20 minnuets i logged back in and now i dont have the freezing anymore

I have the same issue going on when the screen saver activates either through testing or automatic, and if I leave the macbook with no activity. This requires the system to be forced to power cycle.

My computer is the following : MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Now the freezes are back. I was hopping that was the fix :-(

Macbook Pro model A1502. mine has also suddenly started **** this i thougt it was just on safari as ive gone back to it from chrome but its also done it on mail and outlook .

Complete freeze, no buttons can work, have to restart whole computer. very very annoying.

This has also happened to me on my MBP mid 2015.

Has anyone managed to find a solution as i am unable to roll back to Mojave.

My Mac is also doing the same thing, after several tests, I found out, the problem is in power management. I always use my mac with an external screen, so the image goes to the screen you need to turn on the source. I set the mac aside with the lid down but not closed and pulled the cable from the power supply. It's not crashing anymore !!!! The worst is in my IOS13 I can no longer use the APP Personnalite, it opens and closes, now to pay bills I have to go to the bank huahuahuuhauhauhauhuhauhauhauhahuhuaO meu Mac tambem esta acontecendo a mesma coisa, depois de varias testes , consegui descobrir, o problema esta no gerenciamento de energia.

Eu sempre uso o meu mac com uma tela externa, para a iamgem ir para a tela vc precisa ligar a fonte. deixei o mac de lado com a tampa abaixada mas nao fechada e tirei o cabo da fonte.

não esta mais travando!!!!

O Pior esta no meu IOS13 que nao consigo mais usar o APP do Personnalite, ele abre e fecha, agora para pagar contas tenho que ir no banco huahuahuuhauhauhauhuhauhauhauhahuhua

Similar issue. macbook Pro 2017 Catalina beta 4. Randomly locks up with no apparent ause or pattern, possibly associated with safari but im not sure. Feedback submitted.

Exact same thing here. I have a 2015 12" Macbook. As of beta 4 them computer freezes at 10 minutes of inactivity. I timed it.

Also, the computer becomes noticeably hot above the keyboard where the MacBook's mainboard is located after the freeze. During normal use its only slightly warm.

I submitted a report via Feedback Assistant.

Jim

Has anyone heard anything about this as of yet? I still see the problem with putting the computer to sleep and then waiting for the authentication notice or if the screen saver goes active then you cannot login or see the login prompt as the screen saver does not halt.

This seems to be working.. I use the 27" Apple Cinema Display connected to my 2015 MacBook Air. As long as I unplug the power from the wall to the computer.... seems ok.... or sometimes I unplug the display from the computer and keep the power to the computer plugged in if it is getting low on battery. Thank you.

I have two situations related to this, but not a solution.

When I remote desktop into my Mac mini, when the screen saver (which is also responsible for turning the screen off, even if no real screen saver exists) kicks in, and my remote desktop shows the login screen, after logging in, I see either CleanMyMacX or iStats reporting that the ScreenSaverd (I think) is hanged. In that situation I'm lucky that I can still enter the password and go back in, even if the daemon is hanged.

However, on my own MBP, connected to an external monitor, I've had the same situation where I come back from lunch, touch a key to wake up the machine, the touchbar shows the "touch to unlock" but nothing happens, none of the two screens wakes up, no key or touchbar or touchid changes anything, can't even trigger a sysdiagnose with the key combination, forcing me to force restart the machine.

My suggestion is to fully disable the screen saver, and instead just use the lock screen to turn the monitor off and go to sleep whenever the machine wants to. In other words, I'm pretty sure the process for the screensaver is hanging and preventing the machine from turning the screen on and react.

Same. If I leave my Mac Air open and plugged in, it freezes and the fan(s) starts up. Hold down power button and reboot - just annoying. I believe this does not happen when just running on battery.

Also - indicates that I have the latest update, but I think not.

Also - LG widescreen monitor is no longer working (that I suspect is just a driver issue).

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) using Catalina version 19A512f

Same issue with my Macbook 2015, becaomes hot and unsuable. I have completinly shutdown each time. This is definatkey related to power managemnet bug, hopefully it's fixed in next updaye which I hope is today.

Having exactly the same problem. Not related to anyapp opened. I closed everything and still happens, when the screen goes off, after 5 minutes computer stops responding.

Yep seeing the same problem wih my MBP Early 2015 connected to Thuderbolt Cinema displays. Based on the post by dbrandt6 I am now having to run off battery until ithe machine runs out and then shutdown and recharge battery. Thankfully I have an iPad I can use whilst charging. Have submiited a feedback submission to Apple so hopefully the next update will resolve this.

Ugh!

So happy to see i'm not the only one, I even did a clean install because I thought maybe something was up. I sent in feedback / report. I hope the next update will correct this issue. For a moment I thought I had a remix playing, since the music in the background went on a constent repeat.

I also thought maybe my poor little Macbook was done and couldn't take this upgrade . . . was this update suppose to help with performance?

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 1.2 GHz Intel Core M

Memory 8 GB

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5300

I'm still having this issue with Beta 5 (19A526h). However, I have determined that if you stream music in iTunes it will not lock up. It has to be a stream like the new iHeartRadio stations or Beats 1. While this certainly is not a fix, it helps.

Same here. I thought it was when plugged in only though

Ditto for me too with beta 5 on my Macbook Pro 2015 (12,1) 13". Machine freezes with fans blazing when screensaver kicks in after 5 minute idle time.

apart from the issue with fans, this sounds the same as the bug that I have, but with an iMac. https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/120716

MacBook Pro freezing after inactivity

Q