Photos importing issue

I have installed iOS 13 PB2 on my iPhone with Catalina PB2 Beta on my Mac.

I took a bunch of photos and videos, wanted to import them into my photo library on an external disk, but it never goes through. I tried clicking on the iPhone when it’s plugged in and importing new photos, it looks like the Photo app does something but never imports them. In fact, photo libraries on this external disk show the same problem while those created on my Mac work normally.

Not sure what’s causing it, can it be the beta version bug or Apple does it on purpose?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of msxyrainy Down vote post of msxyrainy
10k views
  • I had the same problem. As soon as I updated the software and restarted my Mac, it automatically reopened the Photos App and started importing the photos as it had always done before!

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm having the same issue on 14.1 (23B2073) and I tried the solution above, but I can't find the /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/PTPCamera. If you drag the photo separately to your Album, you will an error message saying "they may be in an unrecognized file format or the file may not contain valid data". Then I started to doubt my photo was damaged due to unknown reason during transferring. So I duplicated the file, and import the duplicate file, and it works! This is definitely an issue which needs more attention.

• I had the same issue. I'm disappointed with Apple..

Add a Comment

I have Mac Studio M1 with Sonoma 14.4.1, and have the same issue. Photo importing is not working, not directly from the camera and not from SD card or directory on my disk