Carplay on IOS 13 Beta 3 - NOT WORKING !!!

Since the BETA 3 Update, Carplay is not fonctionning anymore on my Honda CRV and on my Goldwing Tour............it was fantastci on BETA 2. Please Apple........fix this quick

Replies

Turning off bold allowed CarPlay to work

I was using carplay on my Honda CRV. It is not working after updating my iPhone to iOS 13 beta 3. I tried everything, setting bold text off, disabling bluetooth, removing device from carplay and pairing again, reset phone settings. It is still showing black screen :-( Any help to fix this??

Had a problem with CarPlay not working after the update to Public Beta 5. When I would plug my phone into the USB on my Audi A4, it would act like it was attempting to charge but then not activate Carplay and not charge either. Here are the things I did...One of them fixed it:

- Deleted and unpaired all connections to the car in the phone and from the car as well.

- Paired again with car

- Turned Siri off and on

- Changed Allow Access when Locked (Settings -> Face ID and Passcode -> Allow Access When Locked -> USB Accessories) Turned USB accessories on.

After the last step I was able to connect Carplay again and it operated as expected.

I was then able to turn USB accessories back off (for security) and it's back to working as usual.

Hopefully, this helps someone.

I have the same issue with album art, after beta 2 it stopped showing album art on the now playing screen. I also have a toyota. The suggestions On dashboard are also restricted. I don’t understand how come they get to decide what we can see or not! It’s my car not theirs, it’s fully paid.

After Beta 8 download, album art is staying on so far.

Well i'm now on ios 13.1.1 and still have no carplay. Public beta was a bad decision.

This is certainly not linked to the beta software. Having issues with 11 Pro Max, with clean install of iOS 13, and not restored from any backup, using OEM cable and 2018 Malibu CarPlay. iOS 13.1.2 update and still having issues, have to unplug and plug back in multiple times!

Same issue on my 2019 Silverado 2500.

I got an iPhone cable directly from Apple, formatted my phone like it's brand new, and began my testing.

With my freshly formatted iPhone I would simulate my typical drive cycle. So unlock the car with the remote, open the door, close it, start it up, plug in my iPhone, check to see if it works or not by waiting a minute or two and pressing the projection button, and then turn the truck off, take the keys out of the ignition, open and close the door, lock it with the remote, and repeat.

Out of 10 or so times I've tried, it only connected two or three times and only using the USB ports directly under the infotainment system. CarPlay did not start up at all for me using the USB ports in the arm rest cubby. It also did not start up for me using an Amazon Prime iPhone cable.
Here's the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjVRdZH398

I have had a problem with Carplay since IOS 13.3 It randomly drops Bluetooth connection. When I start the car, Carplay comes right up. I select message and it finds the person, then starts searching, then carplay disappears altogether. It comes back in a few minutes, but then often repeats the process. Then it lets me send a message, but when I try to respond to the reply, it starts dropping again. Works if I plug in the phone, just not the bluetooth. This is a big problem. Hoping IOS 14 will fix it. IOS 13.6 did not - in fact I think it made the problem a little worse. I have done all of the suggestions, remove the phone from my car and re-pair, etc. Nothing works. Car is a 2017 BMW