Carplay on IOS 13 Beta 3 - NOT WORKING !!!

Since the BETA 3 Update, Carplay is not fonctionning anymore on my Honda CRV and on my Goldwing Tour............it was fantastci on BETA 2. Please Apple........fix this quick

Replies

Mine neither!

I'M on build 2 on an iPhone X and it killed all carplay functions on my Pioneer wireless carplay receiver. I can still play music/podcasts over Bluetooth but nothing else works. Build 1 worked great.

WORKING! I turned off Bluetooth (off, not disabled from control center) and I turned off bold text. Waited 10 seconds, plugged the phone back in and CarPlay is working. 13 beta 3 - Subaru Legacy limited 2019

Thanks DJ. Turning off Bold Text worked for me as well. Unfortunately, Toyota may be restricting album art, so I have to wait and see if the Now Playing screen will allow it. Album art displays on the Dashboard screen, so I’ll keep hoping!

Same here in my BMW 2019 330. Keeps disconnecting on and off not recognizing phone then car play. Have reset car play reset phone settings reset everything. It was working fine before. Glad I am not alone as my next step was car dealer to see if communication module defective. I do not have bold on (xs max) so that is not an issue here. The only resolve is my shutting off the phone waiting and reconnecting. It does reconnect on the display but then goes off and on or fails. Tried the Bluetooth fix as well. No difference. I did submit the issue on the feedback app so maybe they will be working on a new beta. Anyone know when we can expect beta 4?

Turning off bold text solved this for me as well

Just tried it in my 2017 Chevrolet Trax and by taking off the bold text it worked also. Thanks forum for the info!

Same Issue with the public Beta and Škoda Karoq. iPhone X gets very hot and Black Screen on Infotaiment. Turning of Bold Text fixed the Issue and i think the whole Beta seems to run smoother

KENWOOD HEADUNIT, Turning off bold text solved the problem. thanks for the info.

Turn Off the bold text

it worked in my cla 200

I have an iPhone 8+ and CarPlay on a 2017 Honda Civic SI. The first issue I had with iOS 13 beta 3 with CarPlay was the black screen which as many have posted on various forums is resolved by turning off bold text. However, the ongoing issue seems to be the one you are having with your BMW and that is constantly disconnecting. I have my iPhone connected using the lightning to USB cable, even swapped it out for and OEM Apple cable just in case the iOS was more finicky, but what will happen after 5 to 10 minutes Is that my screen on my head unit will say that there is no device connected however it will continue to play music and I can hear navigation if the navigation was in the process. But of course nothing responds when I press any of the buttons on the car but I can actually change tracks and play them on my iPhone and hear them over my car speakers. I thought it was switching to Bluetooth but it will act this way even if Bluetooth is turned off. I definitely know it’s not my CarPlay unit because I took my iPhone 6s And connected it and it worked flawlessly. That phone is running iOS 12.4 I believe or at least some variant of 12 I think the most recent public build. Has anybody else had this Issue and if so know of any possible fix? I’ve been checking my phone regularly eat for updates hoping for 13.4 to come and possibly resolve the issue but I don’t see that many posts about this problem more about the black screen. Any help would be so appreciated

By the way what actually resolves it for me is simply disconnecting the USB cable from the phone or the car and then plugging it right back in and then it will recognize and connect. Of course restarting the phone or shutting off and turning the car back on also resolves it but I hate to do that every 10 minutes LOL

I hope will fix it soon,to turn bold text back,but turn it off works for me as well thanks

I’ve had this issue off and on with my 2018 Chevy Impala (stock head unit) and my iPhone XS Max (using Apple Lightning Cable) running iOS 12.3.1. I’ve been hesitant to try iOS 12.4 because of other CarPlay issues I’ve had in the past. I always report them, but the last Radar I filed, I was actually told that I needed to reach out to my Car manufacturer to have THEM resolve my issue! I find it hard to believe that a large company like Apple needs little old me to report issues happening on their Phones, but whatevs. So, I reported it to my Chevy Service Center and they told me there was an update! Again, this was with last year‘s iOS 12 betas..

Well I contacted my Service Center again to see if they’re was another update for my Head Unit, and they said no...

I turned off the bold text in order for my car play to work in my VW Jetta. It works!

However, When I plug in my phone to go into carplay, it stays on the main screen that shows the map, now playing, and "park" & "gas" tabs... My question is, how can i go to the other apps? i tried clicking the bottom left so it can display all the apps but it seems like its stuck in the main page.. any soultion to this?