Multitasking gestures no longer working, can't power off - beta 2

While I was using Safari on a 2018 iPad pro, I inadvertently opened up a second window. Now, none of the multitasking gestures work, and I can't resize or drag the sencond window, nor can I swipe up from the bottom to bring up the task manager. Safari itself still seems responsive in both windows. When I hold down the power button, siri starts. When I hold down the power and volume up buttons, nothing happens.

I've also tried connecting my iPad to a Mac that's not the one I usually use it with. Itunes asks if I want to allow the computer to access information on that ipad. When I click"continue", it tells me to respond on the ipad, but nothing is displayed on the ipad.

Not sure what to try next.

Replies

I also tried using the keyboard to switch between apps. Cmd-Tab brings up the switcher, but it never switches to the selected app. I fear I may have to let the battery drain to the point where it shuts off and hope it comes back up in a better state. I'll also try connecting it to the Mac I normally sync it with when I return home tomorrow and see if I can do anything with it then.

I am seeing the same, so I am also waiting for the battery to die. Frustrating, but this is beta software I guess.

in order to do a reset, you press volume up, then volume down, then hold the power button until the apple logo appears

iPadOS 13 Beta 2 iPad Pro

. I got stuck in a twitter and safari split screen. Couldn't swipe out of either Apps. Notifications and Siri wouldn't open Apps. I couldn't do a hard reset. I had to let the battery run out.

Thanks! Had the same problem and this fixed it for me. Volume/Lock button didn't do a thing... is this new for iPad or did I miss something?

This procedure didnt work for me - I will have to wait till battery is empty.