Is iOS 13 required to instal Watch OS 6 Beta?

I've seen several posts with people having issues pairing with an Apple Watch running Watch OS 6. In my case I am running the iOS beta 12.4 and having no luck pairing with my watch. So, is iOS 13 required for pairing with an Apple Watch running Watch OS 6??

Yes, iOS 13 is required for watchOS 6.

Thanks. I thought so but was hoping not.

My question is WHY did Apple allow me to download and partially install watchOS 6 WITHOUT iOS 13 and Xcode 11? My watch is now bricked!

iOS 13 does not have to be installed. I did manage to install WatchOS6 with iOS 12. The end result was that I kept getting a message on my iPhone saying that WatchOS was out of date and needed to be updated. The Watch app prompted me to either check for update or factory reset my watch. Checking for an update resulted in a constant check with no other messages. I installed iOS 13 and did not have the issue above. I did, however, get an issue where the watch app would tell me that my watch was syncing and I would receive a message when it was done. Tapping the back button gave the option to continue or stop the sync factory reset the watch. The factory reset option did not work. I rebooted my iPhone and have yet to have any of the above issues.

iOS 13 is NOT required to install Watch OS6 beta, but after the install is complete from an iOS 12 phone, you will NOT be able to pair your watch back to that iOS 12 phone. The pairing process fails and you will continually be prompted to update your phone to iOS 13.

So, unless you plan on updating your phone to iOS 13, I would advise against updating your watch to OS 6 beta. You will be stuck with a watch that can't sync up with your iOS 12 phone.

Not sure this is correct. It’s not mentioned in the release notes and the watch itself states where you can find the watch app in iOS 12.0 or greater. (Can’t past photo here)

Correct, it's not mentioned in the release notes that iOS 13 is required, because iOS 13 is NOT required to install Watch OS 6 beta. But if you actually want to use your watch to the fullest (meaning having it paired to an iOS 12 phone) after installing Watch OS 6 beta, then you're out of luck. You will need a phone running iOS 13 if you want to pair up again.

That's the problem here (see this thread). Apple didn't state in the release notes that you really should have a phone with iOS 13 on it if you want to use your watch again.

My watch is bricked too. I need the device. Tomorrow is an Apple-Teacher meeting. And i cannot use it anymore. A little bit disgusting.

Yes, you are right - This time Apple behaves like a Stupid

Unfortunately does the update work under iOS 12, but no more pairing. This prevents testing on Watch OS 6, while staying on the current iOS. Mine is bricked too and I've just prepared it for sending to the repair center.

It would be very helpful to have this option disabled, or at least a note popping up before the update starts. Latest for the public beta. With the Apple Watch, not being able to recover in a normal environment this is little furstrating, although knowing that a developer Beta might cause such effects...

That's just semantics! Without the ability to pair to an iPhone the watch is pretty much a brick. So Apple should not have allowed the WatchOS 6 profile to be installed from an iOS 12 iPhone. Plain and simple !

Jeff

YES.

I currently have an iphone 6 running IOS 12.4 and an apple watch running watch OS 6. If i were to simply upgrade phone and install IOS 13 on that it should pair right so my watch isnt bricked indefinitely. Thanks

To everyone on the thread. Please ensure you have read the release notes. It states that iOS13 is required for Watch OS6. As found in the release notes: “•Important Update your iPhone to iOS 13 beta, before updating your watch to WatchOS 6 beta (51288800).”

My watch bricked too, and I tried to install IOS 13 on my phone, but It's still no luck, I still can not connect to my watch!! what's I must do now?

I had all of the problems mentioned After downloading iOS 6 to my watch . I just downloaded iOS 13 beta 2 to my Iphone and re-paired my watch . All is good !

Do you have an Iphone6, really? It is not the case, here. I am a developer since 2014. This is not amusing. To install a profile, without the warning, to avoid more problems like this. I cannot use the watch series 4 anymore, now for more than a week. And it will not changing anymore. No one here have a good answer? To solve the problem after install the watchOS-beta with only an iPhone 6 and a mac?

We have simulators on a mac with xcode with so much possibilities, no? Is it really a Beta? Or a trap? To buy a new iPhone? Maybe?

If you have a beta profile installed on your watch, iPhone, iPad or Mac, Software Update is going to download whatever Apple has qued up. watchOS and iOS are different pieces of software for different devices. They are not tethered together in that manner. Apple Watch software isn’t like iOS for the iPhone or iPad. You can almost always restore your devices, The Apple Watch beta software isn’t that way and is one of the main reasons Apple doesn’t put out a public beta for it.

Everyone here who is a developer, or at least has a developer account, excepts the conditions and risks when it comes to beta software for their devices, nothing here is Apple’s fault. If you have bricked your watch, then go to an Apple Store and they will send it off to be restored. The Apple Retail reps can not do it in house, *unless something has changed* or call Apple and have it sent off if you don’t have a retail store near you.

Hi

I also updated my Apple Watch 3 to watchos 6 while I was running IOS 12.4 on my iPhone X, and I lost connection to the watch, I have now installed IOS 13 beta 2 on my Iphone but i am still on able to get my watch paired again, anything seems okay while pairing but when it is done the watch reboots and no connection again :-( i think my watch is forever dead :-(

Hey! Same for me! Updated my iPhone to iOS 13 but still no connection. Reserved a thousand times. Initial pairing process seems to work but after it’s finished the watch crashes and shows nothing but the watch face. After reboot the watch wants to be paired again. So annoying ...

I have IOS 13 on my iphoen x, Watch OS 6 installed. and I have pairing issues.

Its the same here, after an initial start with watch OS6 and iOS12, where pairing wasnt working, I also updated one of my iPhone XSs to iOS13 beta, but neither beta1 nor beta2 allows me to pair the watch with my phone. As said, everything looks fine, but as soon as I touch the crown to start the watch sfter instalattion, the watch display flashes, and then the connection is lost. After that, all I can do is swipe left right and change watch faces, all other functionality and buttons/menues are not working.

I had the same issue for several weeks, very annoying, but I managed to solve that by following a guide from someone, (don’t remember the name). What you need to do to get your watch to work again are the following steps: 1. Reset you Watch to factory settings (press and hold "digital crown" and tap "reset"). 2. Change your region to UK, and language to English (if it not) on Watch (click "i" button). 3. Change your Region to UK and language to English on iPhone. 4. Pair and synchronise your Watch. 5. DO NOT CLICK "DIGITAL CROWN" when synchronise finished. Click "OK" button on iPhone, then locate the watchOS 6 beta profile and Activate it again. 6. Your Watch will reboot. 7. Now you can click Digital Crown and all the functions will be working normally

What I read before and helps me was, that the language and region settings are very important.

They needs exactly the same at phone and watch.

So my phone is on 12.4 and my watch is on watch os 6 and is erased. How can i pair my watch to my phone without going to ios 13?

Is iOS 13 required to instal Watch OS 6 Beta?

Q