When iOS will support web push notifications?

Hi,

Progressive Web Apps is a trend in 2019 and web push notifications for iOS are not supported right now.

Do you have a date for the web push support?

Thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of diegohueltes Down vote post of diegohueltes
76k views
  • The main reason not allowing push notification is because if they allow it then most of the developers will use this instead of native app development and App Store can not review the pwa apps because of that many security issues will come

• This wouldn't be a bad thing.

• "App Store can not review the pwa apps because of that many security issues will come" - :))))

Add a Comment

Replies

What if we create an app that proxies push notifications for various apps? Is it possible to change the app logo per notification? I’d pay for that. I mean, I’d rather have the real deal, but... isn’t this whole thread related to the Free Fortnite movement? A big company choosing to restrict freedom within its platform? Isn’t the lack of this feature an extension of Apple’s lack of respect for the smaller developer?
Still nothing... Apple is on the edge of technology )
Guys, it is all about App Store.
Web Push Notification means PWA which means no need to publish the app in App Store.
So, Apple will not allow Web Push Notification in the near future.

My opinion...

• 1 For PWA Web Push Notification. Apple, where is the innovation spirit?

Now you only smell like stinky cash pile.
@Apple any updates?
Apple... it's a really bad taste to not update the community on this matter... Please tell us when we the web push will be available!
It will be great if apple supports few setting for PWA. So users can enable or disable notifications for the corresponding app.
Dear Apple,

I just signed the petition on change.org to get you to implement Web Push. Just search "web push".

You are going to lose support from your loyal customers over this glaring omission.

Apple, you don't appreciate that writing an App for your devices takes a lot of time, money and expertise that smaller companies simply don't have. Most Apps can now be written as PWA (progressive web application) websites instead. PWAs are just regular websites with a few modern additions written in standard JavaScript. Just imagine - your users could have access to thousands more App-like websites, but you are preventing this from happening.

Because of this omission, Apple are effectively bullying smaller companies into writing expensive Apps, and denying their own phone users to be contacted by their favourite websites, whereas users on desktop PCs and on Android mobile phones can be contacted easily. Web Push enables instantaneous messaging from a website to a phone user. It's a brilliant new component in global web technology, and everybody except Apple has implemented it.

Apple, it won't take long for your phone users to realise that their favourite sites, written as modern PWAs, work great on other devices, but not on yours. If you want to keep your loyal customers, please give them access to the amazing websites being enjoyed by Android users, using this easy-to-deploy International Standard called Web Push.

Mac MacLaren
Editor, Lemonrock Gig Guide

This is embarrasing. Could you just answer Apple?

May i propose a boycut?
PWA does not mean that everyone will go around the Apple store. You can simply list your app onto the app store for the best of both worlds. This is best for all parties, and maybe a few more signatures on Change.org or maybe .... an angry mob of programmers will unite ..... or Congress will realize that Apple is abusing their position in the market and ... what do you call it? demonopolize? #microsoft1999

And for good spirit and my 7 year old, #freeFortnite
Pushing apps that could be PWA’s (no low level logic needed) is a security design concern.

I would further like to advocate for PWA’s because I believe they would be a safer sandbox to load apps.

In my understanding, PWA’s most likely do not have the problem of cut/copy vulnerabilities seen in previous ios versions and would be sandboxed away from future vulnerabilities accidentally added into the operating system.
42nd comment! Random video YOUTUBE:2Z6UJbwxBZI ... just to keep up the banter!
Apple... c'mon. Do it. Please.
This is long overdue...
Please Apple 🥺
Maybe Apple simply doesn't know how to implement web push for PWA on iOS? That must be the only valid explanation for why they haven't done it yet ;-)