When iOS will support web push notifications?

Hi,

Progressive Web Apps is a trend in 2019 and web push notifications for iOS are not supported right now.

Do you have a date for the web push support?

Thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of diegohueltes Down vote post of diegohueltes
76k views
  • The main reason not allowing push notification is because if they allow it then most of the developers will use this instead of native app development and App Store can not review the pwa apps because of that many security issues will come

• This wouldn't be a bad thing.

• "App Store can not review the pwa apps because of that many security issues will come" - :))))

Add a Comment

Replies

Apple's App Store revenue last year is $64 billion . Enabling 'push notification' will reduce this revenue dramatically, as most of the apps will move to PWA. That is the one reason they are putting this feature on hold.
The whole world and Steve Jobs himself consider this to be the future, but I think Apple cannot even reply to this title due to its marketing strategies.
Hi All. I will also be happy to see the Web Push Notifications on iOS!
hey apple, would really appreciate if you enable push-notifiactions for pwa's and it seems i'm not the only one. thank you!
I found a workaround that lets you send push notifications to iPhones.. took me 8 months because theres no information about it on youtube :) *i see what you did there apple*

If anyones interested id love to talk to you about it on my twitter @3dom_dev
Im about to implement push notifications on iOS this way in a webapp for gyms myself!

Might also release an npm lib for it soon
This feature is so important to my small business. We have opted for PWA instead of native apps to avoid the cost o managing multiple code bases, but we really need notifications!
Apple dont be party ******. Devs have wanted to use push notifications for years now!
Apple is deliberately not implementing this feature to force developers to use the app store so they can make a 30% profit.

Google and read the article "Progress Delayed Is Progress Denied" to see how far behind Safari is in PWA features.

Personally I think this is an abuse of Apple's market dominance.

Please support this!

The year is 2021, there are so many businesses hit with the pandemic and are opting to go online. Small businesses that cannot afford to have multiple codebases are unable to provide their apple mobile using customers the most essential information due to the absence of push notifications for PWA on Safari. This needs to be out and fast!

Please support this!

I think Apple has disrespected all it's users by not saying a single word about why web push notifications + deep links is not available for PWAs in iPhone. This is a simple request and a huge amount of users will benefit form it.

Apple, please stop ignoring us and say something about it. Hiding will not fix the issue.

+1

+1

Another one in the request wagon. Please say something, safari team.