Apps "In Review" for long time

I used to submit games and they were reviewed within a week's time till mid-2018 but since September, my games keep going to "In Review" status and stay in that status for ever.

I did try to cancel the submission and re-submit it, but every time, it goes to "In Review" within 24 hours and stays in same status for weeks. Its been at-least a month for 1 of my app and almost 3 weeks for another.

App Id's : 1437438165 , 1435726513

Any one else also facing similar issues?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rahianeja Down vote post of rahianeja
79k views
  • Today's date is July 3, 2022.

Apple review process is a mess. It looks like they don't have enough reviewers, or they are lazy and incompetent workers. They also don't respond if you ask them for status. This behavior is exactly what is behind legislations being forwarded in the US Senate to force Apple and Google to to open up their stores for third parties to post. (By the way unlike Apple, Google review teams work 24 hr/dy). Contact your senators/rep. it is bipartisan legislation.

• Aug 26 2022 - Currently in 21st day of waiting for a new iOS app review. Received a message saying only "We need more time'. Curiously a MacOS app was reviewed within 24 hrs - does Apple treat iOS apps and MacOS apps differently? And are upgrades treated differently from new apps? Is Apple under attack for being sole gatekeeper to the iOS platform?

• SimonKravis, not really. My iOS Game has been stuck in the review for the past 3 weeks. I worked on that game for 5-6 months and then submitted it on Appstore. It's painful, but we really can't do anything here.

Just waiting for a response from the App review team  :-(

Replies

Any news? I am also waiting for 5 days 'In Review' now... It is so disappointing.

Same here, after a few rejections and last one for metadata, now 7 days in "waiting for Review". How to explain this to the client ? 😀

You need to explain at the moment when you sign contract that the app is submitted to review that can take an undefined time, totally out of your control.

Effectively it is hard to explain when the p^roblem occurs if customer discover this.

One way to explain however is to show some forum threads, proving it is not only you…

Good luck.

I'm waiting from June 16, 2020 until now. but still In Review.
How to do ? too long!
Waiting since june 30th, and its holding up our product shipment which depends on the app :(
Yes, cannot do anything may be they are busy with these things: 'Big Tech CEOs face grilling in Congress'
`
Hi Guys,

We have the same issue at the moment. We've been releasing a new version of our app weekly or biweekly for 3 years now but on our June 30, 2020 release, it got rejected as they required us to provide an option for Apple Sign In which we complied.

Since then, our app was stuck in 'In-Review' status. We tries to cancel the old build which was originally stuck in "In-Review" so as we can include new bug fixes and feature iterations but all the succeeding builds were also stuck in "In-Review". Last release was on July 30, 2020 and until now, August 14, 2020, the status is still stuck in "In-Review".

We contacted Apple via "request to expedite review" and explained to them that we needed the new build out to prod as it has fixes to major bugs critical to our app's main functionality but in 3 separate occasions, we got the same templated response that they need more time as our app is already in review.

What should we do next?

Waiting since june 30th, can you please review app com.fastotv
Usually the "In Review" takes 30-50 minutes but today it has said "In Review" for more than 6 hours. Could it be because of the release of iOS 14? Or is there something I could try?
Same, My app has been in review for 35 days! Im assuming they're backed up if everyone is experiencing the same issues.
We have been in review for 11 days on an upgrade to an existing app. We added IAP Subscriptions to the new version which may be the cause of the delay.
4 weeks 'in review'
Guys i have the solution, when your app has been in review for more than 3 hours it will keep in that state for ever well in my case for more than 20 days, i tried to cancel and send it again for 10 days more (in this same period of time I uploaded 2 apps more without this issue) then i tried to change the app version and generate a new binary only updating the version in my case was de 1.1.1 and i generate the 1.1.2 (without any change) and then in the Itunes connect version i also update the version from 1.0 to 1.1, and then sent the app again to review and in this case the app was reviewed in less than 6 hours and kept "in review" for 1 hour and finally the app was approved for sale, i hope it works for you guys it is a bug that seems the apple sistem have
As of February 2021, mine (free app) took just under 12 hours altogether:
  • 9 hours 'waiting for review'

• 3 hours 'in review'

From the United Kingdom.
I am having same issue since start of 2021, my app is "In Review" state for more than 30 days and it is in this state for-ever. I had tried rejecting, updating versions, code, binaries and resubmitting but nothing works.
Contacted apple support but it always return automated reply that it is being reviewed.
Has anyone got solution or any information that can help?