App rejected because of invalid LSMinimumSystemVersion

The rejection states:

The key LSMinimumSystemVersion in the Info.plist file has the value '$minimumSystemVersion', which is invalid. This string indicates the minimum version of macOS required for this application to run and must be of the form n.n.n where n is a number. For more information, see the Information Property List Key Reference.

But the key's not even present in my Info.plist, nor is the string '$minimumSystemVersion'

Replies

Make sure that "Info.plist" (and "<YourProject>-Info.plist" as well) is not a member of your target and that the file is not part of the "Copy Bundle Resources" build phase.

This is an app made with Unity, and unfortunately on macOS it doesn't produce an Xcode project (unlike iOS, where it does). I searched through the app bundle and couldn't find any stray Info.plist files – I really couldn't find anything noticeably different from a previous submission that went through.

Ultimately, I manually added that line to the Info.plist with a suitable value, and it appears to have been accepted. That feels more like a *workaround* than a *solution*, as I really don't know why it failed in the first place. I don't think that line is *required*.

I have the exact same problem. The previous version of our application was accepted just fine without the LSMinimumSystemVersion field. Now with the new version it gives that message. I have to mention that nothing in the build process has changed. Did LSMinimumSystemVersion field became mandatory (the documentation does not say that)? Anyone has any idea what happened?

RE: But the key's not even present in my Info.plist, nor is the string '$minimumSystemVersion'

If you command click on the plist entry you get the option to show "Raw Keys and Values" - then you can see LSMinimumSystemVersion and add it.