iOS 12 Beta 7

Hi

Ive just installed iOS 12 Beta 7 on my iPhone X. It still shows that an update is available to install. When trying to open apps, they grey out for up to 30 seconds before opening.

If your going to install iOS 12 Beta 7, be cautious.

If anyone else is getting the issue or finds a workout, let me know.

Thanks

Barry :-)

Replies

One problem I see is that we can not authenticate to Apple’s servers right now. I tried logging in to the App Store and it won’t let me. I can’t even get to Manage My Apple ID page in Safari. Red Alert on beta 7.

Hi

I can log into the App Store.

Do you think that could be the reason why the Settings App is still showing a Software Update, due to not authentication to Apples Servers right now?

Just checked I can access Manage Apple ID in Safari

Thanks

Barry

Exact same issue here, plus apps when they do load, crash.

Same problem with my devices that are still on beta 6. It’s like Apple has shutout any beta versions from Authentication.

Hi

Do you have an iPhone X?

Thanks

Barry

Yes. iPhone X. The issues I am having on my iPhone X are not on my iPad Pro 9.7. Seems only iPhone X.

I downloaded the software and am trying to update via iTunes on computer to see if that helps issues.

I received a phone call right when the OTA update was finishing, so not sure if somethinig diidnt take.

I've got an iPhone X. This was a scary install. I got stuck in an Apple logo boot loop for about 15 minutes. It finally got to login screen. I too have the notification in the Software Update panel (even though b7 has been installed). iPhone is a bit laggy (probably re-indexing?) when launching apps. It's a bit more responsive now (about 20 minutes into b7). Must say, got a bit scared by the boot loop (I did force restart after about 10 minutes).

Mine is stuck in a boot loop - iPhone X. Have tried a few force restarts.

Trying to be patient.

OK...whew...thought it was just me. YES! Be patient! (And say a few prayers - haha.) Mine did eventually come back to be able to log in. Wonder what they ripped out and changed to cause that behavior.

It is still stuck.... Ugh

Keeps rebooting after a few minutes ... over and over again.

Yeah, that is what happened to me. I did one forced restart. And then I also tried to fully power it down (just holding the power button)...but it seemed to eventually reboot. Lastly, I put it on my wireless charger and then within a minute, it booted back to the login screen.

Same here. iPhone X.

Edit: lag opening apps is gone (a few minutes after install). Update badge on settings remains.

Yeah. I am still stuck looping. Don't know what to do. Now I am getting very nervous.

Still stuck on the Apple logo

Hi

Yes I got stuck on the boot loop too. At first I'd thought iOS 12 Beta 7 bricked my iPhone, aftera lot of minutes it came good again :-)

Thanks

Barry :-)