Bluetooth Mouse will not move

Anyone have the problem when waking the computer from sleep after MacOS Mojave beta 2, that their bluetooth mouse will not function? I have a magic trackpad that wil connect, and bluetooth utility states my bluetooth mouse is connected, but it will not move or click. I must unpair and re-pair to get function to return.

Replies

I have a smiliar issue that appeared with the first beta. My magic mouse, keyboard, and trackpad all disconnect randomly. This happens typically no more than once per day. Since I lose all three input devices I am faced with a hard reset being my only option. I submitted it as a bug.

Beta 3 has not changed this issue.

Neither has Beta 4 or 5 - sigh

Still not working in 6

Aaaannnddd still not working in 7.

And not working in 8... Anyone else have this issue??? Usiing a Logitech G603 in bluetooth mode.

I cant believe this isnt fixed in 8 betas versions.

I have been able to resolve this issue myself as follows:
Resolution Actions:
Open a terminal window (Utilities/terminal.app)

1. cd ~/Library/Preferences

2. ls com.apple.driver.*

Result Returned on my machine:

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist.UKfB674

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist.gt8tFVo

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist
3. mkdir ~/Desktop/backup.drivers
4. mv ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.driver.* ~/Desktop/backup.drivers
5. Reboot your machine
Explanation:
My inference was that the preference files may have changed between OS versions. My removing the preference files, and rebooting the above forces the OS to recreate the preference default files. At this point the problems have gone away. If I put the old files back, the problem comes back.

I hope the above helps address the issue.

Solution by Technophobe01 didn't really work for me.
Problem (just in case):
Mouse works only once. After I put macbook into sleep/disconnect mouse/disable bluetooth and reconnect again bluetooth shows mouse as connected, but mouse itself won't work (cursor doesn't move and clicks not work)

I tried to remove files as Technoprobe01 suggested - no luck. Also removed com.apple.Bluetooth.319BDC24-815F-5B78-B23E-0D73E0307B90.plist (probably yours will have different ID in the name). Didn't help either.

What helped.
  1. Remove G603 from bluetooth pairings.

2. Press connect button on mouse for 3 seconds - enters in pairing mode.

3. Find bluetooth devices on mac. Notice there might be two (2) G603 in search. Connect to the second one.

4. ...

5. PROFIT. All works.

Understanding how it works.
I've tried to connect this mouse to other devices at home and noticed that Bluetooth Adress for it changes slightly for different connections:
  • Initial mac (when it did work only after reconnect) - f1-xx-xx-98-ce-26

• Android smartphone - f1-xx-xx-98-ce-28

So when I connected to the second available G603 from my mac it was f1-xx-xx-98-ce-29. I guess, the first one would have been ce-26, but I don't know.

P.S.: to check connected devices Bluetooth Adress' click on "Bluetooth" icon in menu bar while holding "Option" key.
  • Oh wow - thank you so much for this, was about to tear my hair out with this annoying issue. Your work around works!

Add a Comment