This device has been ignored in the Devices panel.

I'm trying to get Xcode 9.2 to wirelessly connect to my 4th gen Apple TV in order to install an app for testing.

Side note: recent surgery leaves me with restrictions, so I cannot connect the Apple TV directly to my computer for a while.

On the Apple TV, I went to the Remotes and Devices section and brought up the Devices window on in Xcode on my iMac Pro. The iMac is connected via both a wired connection (cable modem) and I turned on WiFi as well (on the same exact home network as the Apple TV). When attempting to add a new Device in Xcode, I see "Family Room" show up in the list (the name of our Apple TV), but a secondary message under it says "This device has been ignored in the Devices panel.". Searches on that phrase have come up empty.

Also, the 'Next' button on the Devices 'Add Device' panel is disabled and an image says to select 'Trust' on the iOS device to continue. Alas, no such dialog/alert showed up on the Apple TV allowing one to pick 'Trust'. Also suspicious that the instructions mentioned 'iOS' instead of 'tvOS'.

Finally, I was tempted to unpair the Apple TV but was faced with a strong warning message, so ultimately canceled. I didn't want to leave things such that the Apple TV would no longer commicate at all with my computer.

Anyone else run into this? Thanks for any tips.

Accepted Reply

I'd go ahead and unpair via the ATV4.

No risk to anything but having to repeat the pairing process time sink, I think.

Replies

I'd go ahead and unpair via the ATV4.

No risk to anything but having to repeat the pairing process time sink, I think.