tvos 11.3. beta 3 crippling colors on aplle tv 4k when on 4k SDR 30hz,

tvos 11.3. beta 3 crippling colors on aplle tv 4k when on 4k SDR 30hz, it forces apple tv to use chroma 4:4:4 instead of 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 as in previous beta which results in crippling colours in 2160p movies! There is no option to select chroma value. The colors of the 2160p movies reminds me of a reverse colours, it is all yellow and white. I have Belkin HDMI cable sold by apple, so everything should be fine. Is it a beta 3 bug? Can you help.

Replies

im doing 4K SDR 60hz at 444 and both Match values and had that happen once or twice but mostly perfect colors. When it happened I rebooted the Sony 930E and all was good. I had that it was a Sony not ATV4K issue but now I’m not sure.

Hi, I have Philips 42PUS7809 and it only does 4k at 30Hz SDR, so far everything was ok, but it was chroma 4:2:0 or 4:2:2, now chroma 4:4:4 fits the Belkin cable but it seems it doesn't fit my TV as it has only 1.4 HDMI. Restarting TV doesn't help. Maybe there is an issue with backward compatibility to 1.4 HDMI using this chroma 4:4:4. I can only assume that Apple expects having TVs equipped with 2.0 HDMI, but there should be an option for the rest of us, until the next TV hardware upgrade.

On TvOS 11.3 beta 4 the problem still remains. It makes my TV unusable for playing 4k movies. Please Apple team, add the chroma value choice menu on 4k 30Hz SDR. My Philips TV manual says it can handle maximum chroma 4:2:2.