40 Replies
      Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 8:42 AM by Mfaucon
      hallasan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi.

My app has been rejected 5 times for having been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Apple says: “Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines.”

I said that I wasn’t violating these guidelines and that if I was, I’d like more details so I can fix it. But the review team just keep rejecting us with the exact same message and no additional detail.

I also tried to appeal the rejection but I didn’t get any answer.

I’ve been publishing iOS apps for many years. I’ve always followed Apple’s guidelines and I never had any issues before, but somehow this ambiguous rejection started in February.

Anyone had this kind of problem before? How can I solve it?

Thanks

• Re: 5 identical review rejections and no details
          chuckc192000 Level 3 Level 3 (145 points)

Are you using any third party libraries that could be doing bad things?  What does your app do?

mybedy Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I just got the same rejection. See below. I'm from Russia. I have navigation app(speed camerad detector and offline 3d maps) without any third party libs exclude my own one which has only navigation features. I have two apps, the first one is freemium and some features is locked and the second one is paid pro-version with unlocked features. I have no ideas when I violating items below. If someone has such, please explain. Thanks.

"This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines. You may reply to this message in Resolution Center or the App Review Information section in iTunes Connect to verify this app’s compliance.

Given the tendency for apps of this type to violate the aforementioned guidelines, this review will take additional time. If at any time we discover that this app is in violation of these guidelines, the app will be rejected and removed from the App Store, and it may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account."

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Grigory Konovalov Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue with the same rejection reason. Recently I've submitted 3 update for absolutely different apps that exist in appstore for several years and received the same response for all apps. Two of the apps uses 3rd party frameworks (google ads, and facebook), but the one doesn't, so the reason of rejection is not connected with the 3rd party libraries. I believe that Apple has changed its internal policy. I have no idea what to do. I tried to re-submit the app - result was the same. Moreover, I've confirmed via resolution center that I do not violate any mentioned guidlines and still waiting for reaction from apple side.

BTW. This summer I've faced with similar situation. All my updates were rejected. The reason was that some suspected activities from my account had been found and review team need additional time to check (not literally, but somethink like this). I tried to obtain some details but with no success. Finally, everything became as it was before - updates have been approved, all messages from apple team have been deleted from itunesconnect and now I can't find any traces. So I think that we should just wait.

refikk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What's the latest status?

Did you get approval?

Awaking Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Have the same issue. (Russia). Newly created account. First app.

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden music or video downloading features

5.2.3 - Facilitate illegal file sharing or include the ability to save, convert, or download media from third party sources without explicit authorization from those sources

I've answered what the app doesn't violate these guidelines. Now I'm waiting... Or should I resubmit the build?

deiligy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Absolutely the same, I am in China, a new developer. I did every detail in am app carefully, let alone break any rule intentionally. 20 days passed, no reply from Apple, I am totally confused.

Usman Sadiq Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often: 1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata. 2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval 2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website 3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app 4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app 5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app 5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines. You may reply to this message in Resolution Center or the App Review Information section in iTunes Connect to verify this app’s compliance. Given the tendency for apps of this type to violate the aforementioned guidelines, this review will take additional time. If at any time we discover that this app is in violation of these guidelines, the app will be rejected and removed from the App Store, and it may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Should you choose to resubmit this app without confirming this app’s compliance, the next submission of this app will still require a longer review time. Additionally, this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until we have received your confirmation.

This is issue KIndly Help me

istrael Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What's the latest status? We are exactly the same rejection reason from 1.1.6 to 5.3.4.

tuannguuyen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Absolutely the same,  I've confirmed via resolution center that I do not violate any mentioned guidlines and waiting 7 days!

any luck to resubmit the same binary build? still waiting 4 days now.  sigh  

VSS Ltd. Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I’m having exactly the same problems and this has now happened for a second time. Last time I replied addressing each point individually saying that it wasn’t the case or that I didn’t know what they were referring to (as I had no idea at all!). A couple of weeks later they then just approved the app with no further questions. I have just replied to the same message from them for a second app so awaiting another review. I hope this will be sorted soon as it’s saying things about my app that are not true (as far as I am aware).

slada47 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

As for my apps, first time rejected for 1.1.6  2.3.0  2.3.1 and 4.3.0. Then we remade a new version and replied that we confirmed there are no violations this time. And there comes the second rejection, exactly same reasons as those mentioned in the post.

Maybe Apple is just short handed of reviewers and replies us with some kind of formula.

antonfromcupertino Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Have the same problem with 2 apps for nearly month (tried to pass review 3-4 times).

At first I thought that the problem was in UnityAds, but I deleted it from one of my applications and no luck .

Looks like auto-reject by some Apple's algorithm.

Usman Sadiq Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I Have also same issue, made new IOS acount and IOS team send this message to me.
                                    My game is basically Car derby, designed and developed by my team.
                                    If any person has any idea why this happens kindly tell me please

VSS Ltd. Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I am still having this problem. I have now had the same message from Apple 3 times! I explain each point, confirm it does not violate any, ask for further info and re-submit the same binary. It goes into review again after about an hour then after 24hrs (approx) it gets metadata rejection again. I go in to Resolution Center to check and it is EXACTLY the same message, word for word.

I am convinced this is an automated process. I have checked my app statistics and it is rejected without them even opening the app and visiting any pages. I am not sure a human has even looked at my app yet!

I called Apple and didn't get much help. They did say they would escalate it within the Review Team but I said no at the time as it was in review and I was hopful. I have since had it rejected again so I might phone them on Monday and ask for some sort of an escalation.

Are other people still having this issue? It has only started this year (2018) from what I can tell.

ducdaxd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Have the same problem (tried to pass review 2-3 times).

Did anyone get the approval?

ushalive Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I was bewildered to get the same sort of response from apple today. As all users here have mentioned, I went through many documentation and video's about do's and don'ts and followed everything to the 'T 'before submitting the app and got this message! Why? This is my very first app and so much is at stake.After looking at all the people who seem to have been waiting - like forever- I am not very hopeful that this issue will be resolved soon  .

hallasan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

After over 2 months, I finally got approved this morning. There was no explanation from Apple so I still don't know what the issue was. In any case, the review process takes longer but it should resolve after a while. Hope it gets resolved for all those who participated.

mybedy Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

The same, but before approve I got 4.3 Design Spam rejection and then send appeal.

BTVC Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Got this today:

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

My app is a slots app that I spent a lot of hours designing graphics for. I also created a mechanism within the app for increased winnings possibility. I´ve replied to every point as to the best I can, so will let you know about the hopeful approval or rejection.

Mfaucon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi BTVC,

I hope you are well.

I am also in this situation unfortunately... Have you had any updates?

I think this rejection comes from the fact that we have failed to submit the documentation that proves that our apps respect the legal frameworks and that we are not illegally operating a "gaming" or "gambling" app.

Mine is a football prediction app that enables football fans to win real prizes. As confirmed by the gambling law experts that I have consulted prior to submitting for Review, this application is not subject to any gambling regulation and is therefore fully compliant with the App Store's Guidelines. However, since I did not provide these explanations (and supporting documents) to the App Review Team in my app submission, I believe that it has prompted them to reject the app and ask for more information.

So if you are planning on launching an app that could potentially misconstrued as an illegal gambling or gaming app, make sure that you include all necessary information! If you haven't, make sure that send the relevant documentation as soon as possible...

I have personally submitted all the documents (including the gambling law expert's compliance note) in the Resolution Centre to help the App Review Team understand what the app exactly does (and more importantly - what it doesn't do!) - and thus show we comply with existing rules (including Apple's Guidelines) and are not trying to trick them into accepting us. I will keep you posted on any updates!

All the best to all of you,

kavithafromnull Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Any updated on this. My app also rejected with same reasons?

simonho1989 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same situation, I am publishing an app update

13th May , meta rejected with the 5 reasons

14th May , I resubmit a new build (<---- I now know it is an absolute wrong step as it put your app into limbo)

29th May, still waiting for review

I have contacted the review team and apologize for them for not following their instruction to reply to resolution center. However, it doesn't help and my app is still in limbo after 15 days

Any one know the limbo punishment time?

rikbcn Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

Exact same situation here.

I just understood that after you answer in the Resolution Center you have to clic again to "Sumit For Review" with the SAME BINARY ?

What are your advises ?

Is some one can provide some experience ?

Regards