Are App Store for iMessage search results limited to 40?

Is this an iOS11 thing? I seem to remember I could search for something in the App Store for iMessage and the results would pracitcally be endless. Now it seems like its capped at 40.

I noticed the recent post about a decrease in downloads post-iOS11 and I've noticed the same drop. Most of my apps are in the iMessage store. Getting found organically is going to be impossible without some deeper searches available to consumers.

Case example of how I think this is failing us. I have a sticker app named "Dog Stickers". If I search "dog stickers", my app doesnt even show. Like at all. But Fruit Ninja is the 3rd result. And a lot of the top results aren't even native sticker apps (a lot of full iOS apps, that I'm assuming have sticker extensions). And I get it that those should be factored in somewhat to the search results, but if there's only 40 available results, those apps are going to kill potential sales on what most people are probably looking for, which is simply stickers.

Who could we petition to look into changing the search cap?

Accepted Reply

Feel free to file a bug against the process via the link, below right, adding your report # to your thread for reference.

Otherwise I'm unaware of any petitioning scheme you might leverage.

Good luck.

Replies

Feel free to file a bug against the process via the link, below right, adding your report # to your thread for reference.

Otherwise I'm unaware of any petitioning scheme you might leverage.

Good luck.