Apple TV remote app not seeing ATV

I own three Apple TVs--Kitchen, Family Room and Bedroom.

Since installing Beta 11.3, while using the Apple TV iOS app, I'm having random disappearing ATV in my view. I have to reboot the ATV to get it to show up again.

Is this a known issue, or something that should be bugged?

Replies

It wasn't listed in the release notes but I have the same issue since updating. It will work in the iOS app if I reboot the ATV, but as soon as I start Netflix or a streaming app, the ATV disappears from the remote app.

Gotta wait for an update for a fix.

Same here, ATV 4. Lose most of the remote functions as well, can't Play/Pause or use any other buttons except, weirdly, the home button and the clicker (technical names, I know).

Restarting ATV gets both working, once, then back to disabled mode

I have been having the same issue with the Play/Pause button...but only in the Netflix application. It works just fine in all other apps. When I switch from Netflix to another video app and then back to Netflix, it will temporarily work again. I haven’t been able to recreate this issue anywhere outside of Netflix, however.

Same here. Remote app on my Apple Watch fails to connect to the ATV 4K and the play/pause button on the physical remote stopped working.

I'm glad it's just not me! I'm sure it will be addressed in a future Beta release.

Same problem here. Annoying.

Same exact problem here since update to beta. Also Apple TVs are not sleeping as set. They are staying on with screensaver for hours. Fun update!

Same Problem here. One ATV without Beta works. The other one with beta is not detected be the remote app. Really annoying. Hope they fix it ASAP.