Similar apps by multiple publishers on AppStore

Hi, I have the following question, is it possible to have many similar iOS apps on AppStore published by different publishers?

I know that Apple rejects apps published by same developer if they are very similar. My case is that I sell and maintain a product(backend API + mobile apps + web app) to different companies, and some of them might want some different features for their specific instance. Those companies would have their own developer accounts, I would just maintain code and they would publish it. Basically apps would just be whitelabeled differently, but with possible slight differences in functionality. Those differences prevent me from having just one app on AppStore that just changes 'skin' dynamically.

TLDR: One developer can't spam AppStore with similar apps, but could different developers publish similar apps?

Replies

>One developer can't spam AppStore with similar apps, but could different developers publish similar apps?

I'm not sure app review reacts to both examples in the same way, but both can expect push back during review under the current climate, apparently.

Otherwise, if you care to put a number on how many 'similar' apps you have in mind, that might help focus an otherwise general response.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

My opinion is that the magic number where app review's grip on the hook begins to firm up is 4.

I have same issues but my problem is we just change account release for similar app but old account we just submitted for review then we don't public app to store. Then I release app with new account apple rejected it. How can we fix this case?