Annotations disappearing after animating camera

Hello,

Is there anyone else that experience that annotations disappear from the map view after animating the map camera in iOS 11.2 betas? The annotations are still present on the map and you can tap on them (if you know where they are), but the annotation image or callout view is not displayed. It works fine on previous versions of iOS 11 (11.1 and before) on the same build.

I've reported the bug (#35285427) but would like to know if there is any workarounds for this issue? I'm afraid this issue will break my app once 11.2 is release to the public, as the issue is still present in iOS 11.2 beta 5.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Add annotations to map

2. Animate camera (heading, angle etc.)

3. Deselect annotation and zoom out

4. Some annotations has disappeard

Replies

Any ideas? Is the only workaround to NOT animate the MKMapCamera?

Try to toggle the .hidden property when dequeuing the annotation view in viewForAnnotation: as a workaround.

-Mark

Thanks for the reply, Mark!

Unfortunately that is not working either - actually it seems like more annotations disappeared, but that might just be a coincidence. I have updated the ticket with this information.

- Espen

Thanks for the hint.

In my case, when an Annotation View originally not displayed when Clustered annotation kicks in, is recycled in an simple Annotation View, I have to toggle .hidden property since iOS 11.2 to see it on the map.

This bug is still occuring for me in iOS 11.3, where MKAnnotations will disappear whilst animating MKMapCamera. Have any fixes been issued?

The feedback I got on my bug report is that this has been resolved in the latest beta. Seems to be somewhat solved (at least in my case), the annotations reappear - but it can take a few seconds.