"Untrusted Enterprise Developer" + No profile appearing in Settings

I'm having a peculiar issue with iOS9b3 that did not manifest itself in previous iOS9 betas.

Here's what was happening in previous iOS9 betas:

* When I run my app from Xcode (non-beta), the app fails to run due to 'security'.

* If I then tapped on the app icon on my phone, I would see a "Untrusted Enterprise Developer" message.

In previous betas, I would then navigate to Settings -> General -> Profiles, navigate to my profile and tap "Trust". I would not run into this issue until deleting/reinstalling the app.

In beta 3, I do not see my profiles to trust under Settings -> General -> Profiles. So, my app won't run as I haven't trusted it, and I don't appear to have any ability to change that.

For what it's worth, I'm running this in debug, with a development certification and provisioning profile.

Anyone have any idea for a workaround? Or why I'm seeing this issue when running from Xcode at all?

Accepted Reply

I Could workaround this issue: in Xcode, go to Windows > Devices, then select your iPhone. Ctrl-click to Show Provisionning Profiles, delete them all.

Clean your target, rebuild and it should work.

Replies

I'm having the same issue

I'm having the same issue

Opened the xcode 6.4 and deploy an app. it works for me.

@royycc, were you seeing the issue and then saw it go away somehow? I've been running all my builds off of 6.4, but haven't had much luck.

I'm also experiencing this issue. I do not see the enterprise profile under my settings. So I am not able to "Trust" it.

I was having the same problem! I even called dev support, and he just told me I'd have to deal with it since it's beta. I then tried to erase all contents and settings, then it got stuck. So I put it in restore mode, re-installed the latest beta, set it up as a new iPhone, and it is now working to run apps on it from Xcode!

I hope this helps others.

Thanks Dev, I guess I'll have to try a complete wipe/reinstall. Would be nice if someone from Apple chimed in on this with other workarounds, as this appears to be a total blocker for a number of developer folks.

I'm seeing the same problem with one of my iOS 9 beta 3 test devices. Filed bug 21767755.

For what it's worth, my bug # is

How? When I try to run an app from 6.4 I just get "The Developer disk image could not be mounted. iPhone may be running a version of iOS that is not supported by this version of Xcode"

I was able to *sort of* work around the issue. If you switch your code signing for debug builds to a distribution signing identity "Build and run" will install the app but you can't attach the debugger. This is enough to get me working but it's far from ideal.

I Could workaround this issue: in Xcode, go to Windows > Devices, then select your iPhone. Ctrl-click to Show Provisionning Profiles, delete them all.

Clean your target, rebuild and it should work.

Thanks, that worked!

That did it! Thanks pierlo

Thanks, that did it!