Apple just messed up my bug report by posting DUPLICATE OF 34087968

My bug report is submitted a week ago, no one response my bug reporter, then Apple posted DUPLICATE OF 34087968, as this final result.

This also manifests that Apple knew this issue long long ago, base my estimation, at least 2 months, I don't know what to say.

Until now, they don't admit that discrimination Nvidia-based mac from iGPU and AMD-based mac, even a non-official statement.

In you Apple's pre-statement, IF you clarified that no-go for nvidia-based mac but for all others even with thunderbolt1, this was clear for eveybody. Did't you dare to say so?

The bug report 34087968 is smaller than my number 34851542, this ulteriorly testified that Apple deliberately messed up Nvidia-based mac and no rectified or fixed it.

What a sham on you, Apple!

macbook 2013-late with nvidia gt750m is totally non-functional with eGPU under high sierra 10.13

Created on October 6 2017, 3:12 PM for macOS + SDK

DUPLICATE OF 34087968 OPEN
Close Bug

What I’m asking is that Nvidia-based mac supports AMD-eGPU, which apple official released, please don’t confuse me with Nvidia-eGPU, what I am talking here is nothing with Nvidia-eGPU, nothing with CUDA. Just Nvidia-based mac is discriminated from iGPU or AMD-based mac.

IF you Apple honestly accept the suggestion and take efforts for it, there will be not problems here. But from what I saw, you are totally messing up Nvidia-based mac and nothing say about it, even a non-official statement.

At least, Apple totally completely could disable Nvidia-eGPU and turn Nvidia-based macbook into iGPU-based macbook, which is already an existed model.

This situation happened just because Apple never think about this issue severity.

PS: IF anyone Apple staff deletes my post, I will email Mr.cook again, Apple exective liaison from Mr.cook office just contacted me.

Accepted Reply

They never realize this problem, and as you said untill sometime in 2018, there also will not be supported, because Apple's term is very vague.

Now They support any mac devices except Nvidia-based, Do you believe they will fix it and support in 2018 without our feedbacks?

Replies

If Apple adds support for eGPUs, it is up to them to decide what to support and what not, isn't it? Requirements were clear from the start: Thunderbolt 3.

yes, As you say, they officially support thunderbolt3, then they should choose to support thunderbolt3, then they unconsicously support any mac with thunderbolt except Nvidia-based mac. Am I right?

Some unsupported things work, others don't. You can be lucky and an unsupported configuration works or it fails. Apple never told you that your TB1 or TB2 Mac will work. Even if it does in one version of macOS, chances are that this unsupported configuration will not work in the future since Apple never told you that it is supported.

Why only not work for Nvidia-based mac?

No relevant with known bad relations between Apple and Nvidia?

You just talked so easy about this issue.

IF you are not apple staff or owner who has Nvidia-based mac, you can walk away with unconsciousness.

PS:As you said, I said if only for thunderbolt3, this is okay, it's not a technical issue, but support any mac except Nvidia-based mac, this is a discrimination, don't talk me how unlucky or lucky, don't you find your reply is nonsense?

Looks like they're working on it, as you said they've marked your issue a duplicate.

So rather than hammer these forums, please give the latest 10.13.1 beta a try and report progress, I'd like to know!

As a laptop owner, I'm totally blown away that my late 2013 MacBook Pro is still running so good today. Most PC laptops are trash by this stage of their life. So we have to give Apple engineering some slack here. Your demands are bordering on fanatic. The potential is there, and I can tell you there are plenty of apple engineers with this configuration of laptop, so the pressure is present internally. Lets support them as best we can, and recognize the technical challenge of retargeting the WindowServer to work across so many configurations. That's not easy.

P.s.. I've also filed a bug report with more technical specifics on the WindowServer crash, kext loading order, and stack traces. Pretty sure they're on it.

I have tried high sierra 10.13.1 public beta 2(17b35a), same issue here.

I've been asked by engineering for more details. They're definitely looking into it.

They didn't reply me with anything.

Apple clearly states that external GPUs won't be officially supported until sometime in 2018.

They never realize this problem, and as you said untill sometime in 2018, there also will not be supported, because Apple's term is very vague.

Now They support any mac devices except Nvidia-based, Do you believe they will fix it and support in 2018 without our feedbacks?