App Store shows old reviews first

Hello

Currently, when checking reviews of our app (and others, in general) the App Store shows old (or oldest) reviews first.

This sometimes happened on the old App Store too, but with the new App Store and the more prominent reviews, this seems like a regression and could cause harm to apps that, maybe due to an earlier, but by now old update, got bad reviews that have been addressed in new updates.

Is this a bug or is this expected behavior for the App Store?

Replies

I am seeing the same thing myself. The "lastest" review, seen from an iOS 10 or iOS 11 device, is from 5 years ago! I've checked a few other apps as well, for example Minecraft, and the same appears to be true. In addition, it seems the sort order is from lowest rating to highest rating. Thus the first review a user would see could be one of the worst reviews for your app! That's not great, as it could relate to an issue with the app from that long ago period, which is now addressed.

Some issue on Apple's side perhaps?

Problems with our app were fixed 2 years ago, yet they are still prominent!! We think app reviews from a previous version should be deleted. THESE OLD REVIEWS ARE KILLING US!!!