Simulator scale can't be changed (xcode9)

Since xcode 9 came out the simulator scale is broken. 1st time you launch a new device it is 100%, you can change it once to 50% and then that's it. Can't get back to 100%, can't set anything else. Command + 1/2/3 doesn't work and Window/Scale options are disabled. I need to get 100% back to take screenshots of iPad 12.9 device for AppStore images. Help!

Accepted Reply

Might be a hidden file, or you're looking in the wrong Library folder, becuase if you're running Xcode/Simulator, it's on your system. Be sure to look in~/Library/Preferences, (the one in your home directory) not /Library/Preferences (the one that belongs to System).

Replies

I don't know why so many people jump on the first release, I always wait for the first rev of xcode *.1

Well some of us have updated our apps with support for new iOS 11 features, and therefore want to get it to our users ASAP now it’s publically released.

It looks like some simulator settings become corrupted. One nuclear approach that worked for me is to remove the local state by deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist.

Also see this.

Same here

Same issue. Removing ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist did not resolve the issue for me.

That file doesn’t exist on my system!

Same issued. 'com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist' not found in my Mac.

The scale in iOS simulator 100% is disabled. So, it cannot update the screenshot for my apps !

maybe i'm missing something but take the dumped 100% images and scale them down with Preview. if you have many images, Imagemagick is your best friend to convert or mogrify to batch convert. unless you feel like hashing through javascript with photoshop or gimp.

GraphicConverter has great batch ability as well...very flexible.

I don't have any issues toggleing scale w/the new sim(s)...is there an identified configuration that causes it for you, yet?

Might be a hidden file, or you're looking in the wrong Library folder, becuase if you're running Xcode/Simulator, it's on your system. Be sure to look in~/Library/Preferences, (the one in your home directory) not /Library/Preferences (the one that belongs to System).

Be sure to look in~/Library/Preferences, (the one in your home directory) not /Library/Preferences (the one that belongs to System).

well my base is not the same as yours. from having used xcode since version 3, my enterprise customers want something rock solid and bullet proof that has been thoroughly regression tested not the latest whiz bang, bells and whistles.

On the window tab you can click zoom, which will increase the size from 50%

Doesn't work, that's the problem... the option is disabled. See: https://imgur.com/a/sY5Ev