This app requires specific features not available on this device?

Hi everyone, my app got released today (an ARKit app) which requires iOS 11 and has the key in the info.plist file that only allows users who have the right devices to download (A9 chip and above). I tested it on my current iPhone 7 Plus and it works. It got through review and it works. And now it’s in the App Store, which I downloaded it on the same phone from, and it works. Yet for some reason I get this notification at the top of the Apl Store page for my app: This app requires specific features not available on this device. Is this a bug? Or is my app missing some sort of entitlement or something? App’s name is: AR Riddles (by POP POP LLC) if anyone else wants to see the message and help me figure out why this is happening.

Replies

I have the same issue for my iOS 11 ARKit app in the app store: "this app requires specific features not available on this device"

I'm seeing the message from my iPhone 7, which meets all the ARKit requirements. I don't understand why the message shows up in the App Store.

Same issue. I posted the same discussion topic before I saw this one. Apple really needs to address this in the Store, as I don’t see how any of us could have developed an app on the most recent devices that required (keyword) something we couldn’t possibly have had at the time.

By the way, I contacted Support. If you guys are like me, and spent about 2 months on your Apps, I think it’s also worth nudging the Support email staff about this. I feel like the more of us that chime in, the quicker it gets resolved. I had to convince family members to actually hit the GET button in the store, assuring them that their devices would indeed work. So I’m sure everyone else is just passing right on by.

Same here. I'm seeing the message from my iPad Pro, which I used for developing. And the most annoying of everything: a potential customer told me by twitter that he did not make the purchase for this reason. He has an iPhone SE.

Yeah, you should contact them as well. I would send them a link to this discussion. It’s too big of an error to shrug off. We all put a lot of time into our work, they should be on this.

Wait, hold the phone. I just checked AR Riddles and I no longer see the message (I’m on an iPhone 7 Plus). Can someone check my app, search Tooniverse by Cartoon Smart, and let me know if the message is still there? I don’t see it, but I’ve also got it installed, so it’s hard to know.

Same problem here

Yeah bad news, upgraded my old iPhone 6 Plus to iOS11. Plays and downloads the game fine, but the store still showed that warning. Same with my iPad Pro.

Same issue ...This app requires specific features not available on this device?

Same issue iPhone 6s Plus This app requires specific features not available on this device?

My app still says this on the store -- is there any solution?