Failed to create provisioning profile

I'm taking the Swift online course and have run into this error in XCode when I connected my iPhone as the simulation device. The other solutions on this subject have not helped solve my issue. I added my Apple ID account to XCode as instructed and have selected my development team for the new project. If I select another simulation target such as iPhone 7, the code runs in the simulation window as expected, but I still get this error message. If I connect my iPhone to my iMac and select it as the simulation device, the build fails and I get this error message. I'm not new to programming, but totally new to development environments like XCode so I'll apologize in advanced for my ignorance of some to the technology. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Replies

Do you have a paid Developer Program account or are you currently using 'free provisioning' to run an app on your device?

Which version Xcode are you using on what macOS?

Hey guys ...

just add quotes between the name bundle identifier!

ex:

"io.ionic.starter"

or

-io.ionic.starter-

Good work for you !

Do not add/use quotes. The allowed characters for bundle identifier are the same as those from DNS.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/understanding_utis/understand_utis_conc/understand_utis_conc.html

The UTI Character Set

A uniform type identifier is a Unicode string that usually contains characters in the ASCII character set. However, only a subset of the ASCII characters are permitted. You may use the Roman alphabet in upper and lower case (A–Z, a–z), the digits 0 through 9, the dot (“.”), and the hyphen (“-”). This restriction is based on DNS name restrictions, set forth in RFC 1035.

Uniform type identifiers may also contain any of the Unicode characters greater than U+007F.

Important: Any illegal character appearing in a UTI string—for example, underscore ("_"), colon (":"), or space (" ")—will cause the string to be rejected as an invalid UTI. At the API layer, no error is generated for invalid UTIs.

Anything not conforming to this standard will be automatically replaced with dash because only - and . characters are valid. Use of illegal chars will result in rejection during submittal.

man u r awesome , thanks alot @KMT