iOS 11 GM Managed Open-In Bug

Hi community,

don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I don't know where to start this discussion instead.

My name is Daniel and I'm an Enterprise administrator of an MDM solution. We are using iPhones which are enrolled to the MDM solution via DEP in a supervised mode.

Within the restrictions payload we do configure that we don't allow documents to be shared from managed to unmanaged apps (and the other way around to).

With that payload everything works as expected on every iOS 10 or earlier devices so I don't believe that this is a bug of the MDM solution.

We have downloaded the iOS 11 GM release yesterday. We cannot use the open-in feature between managed apps on iOS 11 devices.

Tapping on the "open-in" button on a PDF document (or something else) we can see all the managed apps to be selected for the open-in but once we click on any of those apps the menu just get closed and does not transfer the document from app A to B.

It is not related to a specific app as the iOS console logs shows "No app found for open-in".

Is this something you can look into and maybe fix for the release version? Otherwise we have to inform our 500 iOS device users that they shouldn't upgrade to iOS 11 when it arrives next week.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Replies

Yes, We are seeing this too. Tickets open with Apple and MDM vendor.

Did you get any helpful response either from Apple or MDM vendor?

Upgraded a device to iOS 11.0.1 but there is no fix included for this, unfortunately.😢

Raised a case with our MDM vendor as well.

Same issue here. We've been tracking this for some time. Zero input from Apple. Still not fixed in iOS 11.0.1

And not fixed in iOS 11.0.2

Did you receive any helpful info from Apple / MDM vendor?

Fixed in iOS 11.1 Developer beta 2 without any changes on the MDM side.

Hopefully this will be public soon.