Where is "Detect Gym Equipment"?

I joined the beta testing late in the cycle, around Beta 8. I saw others posting videos from Beta 1 that showed an Express Connect toggle in the Workout settings of the Watch app for iPhone, but I don't have that setting present. My development watch and iPhone are both on iOS 11 GM. I did notice that I can search the Watch app for "Detect" and a search result appears for "Detect Gym Equipment." If I select the result, it takes me to the workout settings section of the watch app, but that particular setting (Detect gym Equipment, or Express Connect) is not present. I've registered this as a bug.

Accepted Reply

Apple has acknowledged this as a bug, but didn't specify if the bug was the missing setting, or the visible search result. I'm not sure how they plan to fix it, but the watchOS 4 product page does show "coming soon" when they describe this feature.

Replies

Apple has acknowledged this as a bug, but didn't specify if the bug was the missing setting, or the visible search result. I'm not sure how they plan to fix it, but the watchOS 4 product page does show "coming soon" when they describe this feature.

Detect Gym Equipment option is present in beta 1 of iOS 11.1 / watchOS 4.1.