ERROR ITMS-90391

Hi there,

When i try to upload my iOS 11 beta app to testflight i get the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90391: "Missing Icons. No icons found for watch application ‘**************************Watch.app'. Make sure that its Info.plist file includes entries for CFBundleIconFiles.”

I have just figured out that the error is related to the watch complications. If i remove complications from my app evertying works fine. But if i use them, i cannot upload. I present every icon that a complication need but it does not solve the problem. The only workaround is when i remove the complications from my app

Anyone has any similar issue?

Best regards

g

Replies

Yes, exactly the same. My app doesn't have a complication, so I don't think it's related to that. Previous versions uploaded just fine, and I hadn't even changed the watch icons.

Things I've tried (all failed so far):

• Removing the icons from the asset file and re-adding them
  • Removing the icon set from the assets file and recreating
  • Renaming the asset files and icon set and icon filenames to ensure there's no name collisions
  • Create a whole new asset file
  • Set the watch app target to not use an asset file, then set it back
  • Add the CFBundleIconFiles entry in the plist and point it at the icon set location (or leave it blank)
  • Clean build, clean derived data between each attempt
  • Rebooting everything

Nothing has helped so far, and this is stopping us from uploading a build for a popular app with fixes for iOS 11. Frustrating!

Ah, fixed it. Turned out my asset file containing the watch icons was assigned to both the watchkit app and watchkit extension. I removed it from the extension, made sure there were no CFBundleIconFiles entries in the info.plist for the watch app, and it then worked properly.

Looks like the problem was the beta macOS in my case (used it for testflight builds). Build and upload with stable macOS and everything works fine...

I spent nearly 2 days to debug this issue 😟

Oh, I uploaded with beta high sierra / xcode 9 GM (and now I need to repeat that on non-beta low sierra, as it complained after successfully uploading 🙂

I've been pulling my hair out for the past hour; nice to know this is an Apple bug and not anything that I've done! Looks like I'll be putting Sierra on a VM tomorrow. -_-

Great, they release High Sierra and this has not been fixed. Same issue occuring, has anyone found a work around or submitted a bug report?

Same issue here, on the official release of High Sierra...

Same issue here after upgrading to high sierra/xocde 9 gm.

The suggestion of removing the extension as a target for the assets worked for me (well, at least I was able to upload to the app store)

Hello,

I had the same problem. After installing Sierra from a backup, the upload will work again.

I'm seeing this as well. I never had the beta of High Sierra installed, I only installed from the app store after release. I did have betas of Xcode installed, but was on the GM when it failed, I later reinstalled Xcode from the app store to troubleshoot. I also completely rebuilt the target and still had the same problem. Running the validation before upload succeeds, but upload fails at the very last step. I inspected the IPA that got exported as part of the upload process and it looks the same as a previous successful version that I submitted last time. The app icons and Info.plist are there and reference the files correctly. I just sent a bug report for iTunes Connect and also attempted to contact via the iTunes Connect site. This is frustrating because I've spent a couple days trying to resolve and everything looks correct on my end.

Same problem here. Hoping for a fix for High Sierra/XCode quick

Anyone found a solution to this yet? Might have to remove the Watch App until this is resolved.

This has worked for me: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/88676

But it's not nice to remove the images from the extension because complications for example will not be included anymore.

I never had the assets as part of the extension anyway so unfortunately thats not going to help. Tried pretty much everything, so frustrating!

Unfortunately this is present in the final high sierra release. I cannot upload app with watch extension and could not find any workarounds