Can't log into an existing AD account after offline upgrade to beta 9

So I can't believe this late in the game this was the first time I tried this, but...

Our managed systems are bound to AD. I load a 10.12.6 system on the local network, AD-user logs in and this creates a "managed, mobile" account. User can log into the computer if the computer is off-line after that (as expected), like if they reboot at home or something obvious and non-trivial.

I upgraded one of these systems to 10.13 beta 9 over the weekend -- while the system was off-line to AD (I at home and downloaded the 10.13 upgrader off the internet before leaving Friday for the weekend.)

After upgrading the system, the existing "managed, mobile" account can not be logged into.

Which is a pretty critical bug for this stage in the 10.13 game.

(When I got in to the office this morning, I put the computer on the local network and it was able to log in -- so this is clearly some new(?) AD-related bug -- one is a series with AD and 10.13.)

If anybody has the ability to reproduce this one and pile on with a bug report -- it's a pretty critical Enterprise-level bug (and I'm kicking myself for not testing this sooner with earlier seeds...)

Replies

I can't login as an AD user that has a network home defined. This was all working fine in beta 6 but has broken since.