PassWallet passes (containing 2D-barcodes) overlaid when Apple-Pay installed

Area: Wallet

Summary: History of the issue: Request from our side: Our customer using 13 MHz readers in the US figured out, that guests trying to enter the venue with a SKIDATA wallet 2D-barcode cannot access due to the fact that the antenna inside our device obviously activates the RFID/NFC part of an Apple device (Smartphone) with an activated "Apple pay" feature. That means that the barcode on the display is overlaid with the user interface of the "Apple pay". This results in "no access possiblity" for the customer. We are using the certificate generated using pass type id for delivering e-tickets for passWallet.

Response From Apple Team:

Follow-up: 656104384 Hello Vaijayanthi, Unfortunately there is currently no way to prevent Apple Pay to appear while presenting Wallet passes. One solution I can recommend is, if possible, create an app to display these barcodes yourself. If you use your own app, you could use the requestAutomaticPassPresentationSuppressionWithResponseHandler: method. This will suppress Apple Pay while your app is in the foreground displaying the barcode. If you would like to create such an app to use this API, you will need to request a special entitlement by emailing apple-pay-provisioning@apple.com. Be sure to include information about your company and describe the use case requiring suppression of the Apple Pay dialog. Once you have the entitlement, you can go ahead with your app development. I would also highly recommend filing an enhancement request so the engineering team can look for ways to address this situation.

Current Request: Based on your apple teams response, I am logging an enhancement request for finding anyways to address this situation with the passWallet itself without having new app which is not cost effective at our end.

Steps to Reproduce: iOS Mobile approaches any device with 13MHz Reader Apple Pay gets activated blocking the passTicket with 2D-Barcode

Expected Results: Apple pay should not appear or can be suppressed.

Observed Results: Apple pay always overlays the passWallet barcode Version: iOS 10

Anyone is having such type of issues before and have some solution how can we suppress the Apple pay invocation. Creating a new app only for barcode is not cost effective for us. Anyways I also raised an enhancement request for the Apple engineering team but not getting any prompt response so thought of taking this forum help.