ARKit - Unsupported capture session configuration

Hello,

I'm building an app that is using the iOS11 - Beta6 for a one-off internal marketing App.

The app uses AR technology within Unity 3D; Vuforia, and ARKit.

When the App switches from Vufoira, to ARKit, and then back to Vuforia, and then back to ARKit again; I get this error;

017-08-15 19:48:52.356520+0100 My_App[512:113836] [Sensor] Unsupported pixel format: 875704438

2017-08-15 19:48:52.357276+0100 My_App[512:113836] [Session] Session did fail with error: Error Domain=com.apple.arkit.error Code=104 "Unsupported capture session configuration." UserInfo={

NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Make sure that the correct device and format are being used for capture.,

NSLocalizedDescription=Unsupported capture session configuration.,

NSLocalizedFailureReason=Input device and/or format of the provided capture session are not supported for the given configuration.}

The ARKit system fails to start up, presenting me with a frozen camera feed, and no tracking data. My guess is that Vuforia is changing the device texture format from one that ARKit uses. However it seems odd that;

- Vurfoia -> ARKit; works fine

- Vuforia -> ARKit -> Vuforia; works fine

- Vuforia -> ARKit -> Vuforia -> ARKit; fails.

Also; this worked perfectly on Beta 2, but I get this error after any recent betas after 2 (which is now been discontinued).

I'm not too savvy with Xcode development, but is there a way to force the camera's Texture Format when starting a ARKit session?

Thanks.

Replies

I got same problem on iOS11beta8.

hey Oliver, did you figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue

i am also facing same kind issues.

- Vurfoia -> ARKit; works fine

- Vuforia -> ARKit -> Vuforia; works fine

- Vuforia -> ARKit -> Vuforia -> ARKit; fails.

Session did fail with error: Error Domain=com.apple.arkit.error Code=104 "Unsupported capture session configuration." UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Make sure that the correct device and format are being used for capture., NSLocalizedDescription=Unsupported capture session configuration., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Input device and/or format of the provided capture session are not supported for the given configuration.}

Hi Oliver,

Did you find any solution for this, I am also getting the same problem.

I am using a barcode scanner in one tab and in another tab an ARKit scene. Wheneven I move from scanner to AR it works fine but when i move from AR to scanner I get this message in log "Unsupported pixel format: 875704438".

And the AR scene doesn't load.

Please help...